• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trump gets RVSM'ed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
guess it pays to have a hit show for 5 years, not to mention more real estate than one person could keep track of. how much does it cost to rvsm a 727?

I'd think that, at some point, the fuel savings covers the expense of RVSM equipment and certification. Surprised it wasn't done sooner.

knowing Trump, he did it at the exact moment it would make financial sense, not a second sooner.

knowing Trump, he did it at the exact moment it would make financial sense, not a second sooner.

Given the fuel savings wouldn't it have made the most financial sense to RVSM the beast back in early 2005?

Most likely the guy balked at the six figure cost (and down time) of getting the job done.

With people like Trump it is more the down time than the cost. Trust me on this.

I agree about the down time, but you would think there would have been a few long inspections due in the last 2 years that they could have worked the RVSM in with. I still wouldn't be suprised if Trump or his bean counter just kept putting it off, sometimes these folks will jump over a dollar to save a dime.

More than likely, the work was done after a legal settlement.

He probably had the work partially done 3 years ago at some small outfit, then sued because of some carpet stain or inop reading light, then offered to settle for 20 cents on the dollar.

It's amazing this guy is looked upon as some financial genius. His whole plan is based on boning over contractors who don't have the means to fight his lawyers and settle for much less than owed. He did it to builders in ACY, he's done it in NY and down in PBI. Ivana's the same way from what I hear.

A few years ago, he sued Palm Beach County because of aircraft noise over his mansion. Meanwhile he's flying the closest thing to a F4 in afterburners over the other 1/2 million people there.

Meanwhile he's flying the closest thing to a F4 in afterburners over the other 1/2 million people there.

I am guessing you have never heard an F-4 in full burner. The 727 isnt even close. Trumps 727 doesnt fly that much, every time I go into LGA it is just taking up space in the corner. And yes, I think Trump is a scumbag too

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back