• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Truer words never spoken...................from V70T5

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually the first stewardesses were registered nurses.

The airlines can't keep up with that requirement as RNs make a heck of a lot more than a senior F/A.

My favorite comment about this...

"I should have stayed in ground school for a few more weeks and became a pilot!"

Aaaaaaaargh !!! You guys are focusing on the wrong sentence !!!!!

It's this one..................

In the end the F/A position was never intended to be a career one, but just a temporary job for a young single woman... It evolved into this "profession" with the over unionization of the airlines where non-skilled workers began to equate themselves to pilots and mechanics with years of training and experience.

The 737pylut comment was just an afterthought !!

Who cares what it was intended to be? Most female jobs had similar expecations as the women were expected to return to the home and raise children. Not suprisingly, some women liked having a career and good for the flight attendants for making it into something better than a short term job. I know what you're trying to imply, but the fact that FA's have been able to do this has nothing to do with pilots getting less. Wishing worse on someone else thinking that it will improve your position just doesn't work.

When I left the Air Force after 28 yrs of training I owed $200,000 for my house, $45,000 for my Caddy, $30,000 for my Volvo, $24,000 for my Tahoe and then there was my golf membership for $1200 and my Bass boat (dual GPS) $40,000.

That's ok but still on the low side for pilot toys. I think you're just not trying... ;) TC

When I left the Air Force after 28 yrs of training I owed $200,000 for my house, $45,000 for my Caddy, $30,000 for my Volvo, $24,000 for my Tahoe and then there was my golf membership for $1200 and my Bass boat (dual GPS) $40,000. So I think if you went to a puppy mill pilot school and came out trained and only owe 100,000 you did great and stop whinning. I need age 75 to have any hope of dying "Even Steven"

I hope you're not being serious

I think HelloNewman is really a V.P. in SGU regardless of his ORD claims.

Actually I wouldn't mind being a VP at all. I would make a lot more than a line pilot and not have to listen to whiners at work. I do honestly believe that a lot of pilots are implanted with the "whine gene" in which they can find anything to whine about. Most guys I fly with are great but it really gets old flying with members of the OC and their constant whining. The problem is ALPA won't end the whining, it will only make it worse. Once people have buyers remorse they will be pissed about their shrinking paycheck due to the union. Luckily the drive probably won't pass anyway.

OMG! I think I've seen it all now.

Maybe you should try for UPS management.....you'll fit right in.....AND they'll hire you with less time than they hire line pilots.

Actually I wouldn't mind being a VP at all. I would make a lot more than a line pilot and not have to listen to whiners at work. I do honestly believe that a lot of pilots are implanted with the "whine gene" in which they can find anything to whine about. Most guys I fly with are great but it really gets old flying with members of the OC and their constant whining. The problem is ALPA won't end the whining, it will only make it worse. Once people have buyers remorse they will be pissed about their shrinking paycheck due to the union. Luckily the drive probably won't pass anyway.

Latest resources

Back