• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotpm

Livin' the dream Baby!
Viva Macau's AOC revoked
Tuesday March 30, 2010

Viva Macau's air operator's certificate was revoked by the Macau Civil Aviation Authority Sunday owing to continuing flight delays and cancellations resulting from the carrier's inability to handle its fuel expenses.

The LCC suffered at least 10 delays or cancellations Friday and Saturday, leaving hundreds of passengers stranded at Macau International.

MCAA President Chen Yingxiong criticized Viva for its "uncooperative attitude" as the airline refused to provide the government with information it said it needed in order to assist stranded passengers. For that reason, MCAA revoked the troubled carrier's certificate and asked Air Macau to terminate its concession contract with Viva under which it licensed certain routes to the smaller airline.

Chen added that the Macau government had loaned Viva MOP200 million ($24.6 million) in 2008 and 2009 to help it maintain financial stability. Viva Macau was launched in 2006 and operated three 767s to Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Jakarta, Melbourne Tullamarine, Sydney and Tokyo Narita.

Sorry guys that's why I left.

No, you left becuz you hated the food and the weather, and there were too many Obama fans here :p!

BTW, you get Faux News there too? Wudn't want you to pine away becuz you cudn't get your daily Beck fix :rolleyes:

No, you left becuz you hated the food and the weather, and there were too many Obama fans here :p!

BTW, you get Faux News there too? Wudn't want you to pine away becuz you cudn't get your daily Beck fix :rolleyes:

Don't know who you are but there are no ad's out here in Asia only "Fox Extra". In other words, Fox News with out the ads!

Obama fans? When I was on holiday in Bali I heard tales of our young President. Most thought him a fraud. True story.

That too dawg...sure we get the "nospin" here. We even get google, but you can't look at titties!! I sure don't miss the grunge after a two hour bike ride...only have to put up with sand and camel s$$t here.

Make sure and get the NG gouge from BP. I sent some stuff that may help with the approaching interviews.

Grizz

Latest resources

Back