• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trouble ahead for Low Cost Carriers???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yeah, it says I graduated from a service academy. you? But notice my initial response to you included factual data, your's was just a factless "you suck" rant.

"yeah, it says I graduated from a service academy. you?"

I repeat...that says it all.

" But notice my initial response to you included factual data, your's was just a factless "you suck" rant."

You said it...not me...

T-Bags SWA dude said:
Hey, a funny! Amazing what yu come up with on your lunchbreak at Home Depot, isn't it?

UAL posted a quarterly operating profit (3rdQ)and an operating profit in October based on costs that are expected to go much lower in the next few months as the last lease deals are worked out.

"Operating profit" has been covered before. . . . who is doing your books- Arthur Anderson? It doesn't really matter, though. With no profit on the horizon, no likely source of exit financing, and a republican administration- there's a good chance that UAL will join the list of once-proud airlines in the dust-bin of history.

Costs are GOING UP for the LCC's while RASM is GOING down.

Actually, costs at FL are going down. We've paid down our debt, refinanced the remainder., and entered into a sweetheart deal for new 737's.

Do I fear SWA will suddenly fall on hard economic times? NO (I do think Jblu, AT will within the next couple years).

Oh, really? And pray tell, oh Plumbing Aisle Assistant Manager T-Bag, on what basis you make this statement, other than pure wishful thinking?

Now, back to work, buddy . . . .sounds like your skills are needed for a clean-up on aisle 9.

SWAdude, you said there were "flaws" in my cost argument. Care to name one? Or do you wish it so? But hide behind the cutesy "you guys are running scared" remarks. It really bolsters your credibility:rolleyes:

" Hey, a funny! Amazing what yu come up with on your lunchbreak at Home Depot, isn't it?"

I laughed out on that one!!!!

Freekin funny.

SWAdude :cool:

Sorry T-bags...since you went to a service academy I doubt I could ever bring you to see anything than what you want to see yourself.

Plus you must be "smarter" than me. My "dad" didn't pay for my education. I had to earn it myself.

Gee SWAdude (ren't you a little old to be a "dude"), you are the one who insinuated that you were vastly more educated by recommending that I get a refund. I just said I went to a service academy, so if anyone got a refund, it should be your dad. Do you want a refund for the war on terror to? You then start with the inferiority complex. Don't be bashful, do you have some sort of bias or complex concerning military officers? service academy grads? As to "earning it" I think I paid it back in spades. I'd think you'd be glad others picked up the defense fo the country slack for you.

"With no profit on the horizon, no likely source of exit financing, and a republican administration- there's a good chance that UAL will join the list of once-proud airlines in the dust-bin of history."

Actually, we keep going over because you still can't seem to understand the concepts. UAL projects a moderate profit for 2004 with a HUGE profit in 2005. UAL's operation produced more cashflow in october than AT has in the last three years COMBINED.

"Actually, costs at FL are going down. We've paid down our debt, refinanced the remainder., and entered into a sweetheart deal for new 737's."

no you've taken out MORE debt, and you know lease close to your ENTIRE fleet. Please post a link that says otherwise, you just floated a HUGE bond.

"Oh, really? And pray tell, oh Plumbing Aisle Assistant Manager T-Bag, on what basis you make this statement, other than pure wishful thinking?"

real intellectual!!! You saying HD employees are somehow below the stature of you Valudeath boys? Last I heard, they hadn't killed a bunch of thier customers through negligence.....

" I'd think you'd be glad others picked up the defense fo the country slack for you."

Is this what the outstanding education bought for You???

What the hell does that mean??

Latest resources

Back