• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWAdude
yeah thats it for now. But I will be like Avis and try hard-er:D

Dizel8 said:
"How did Jetblue do during the Noreaster? Ooops, their main base with 95% of their flights was shut down---that must have hurt."

I guess we cancelled 53 flights during the storm. How did DAL do out of JFK\LGA/EWR?

How many flights a day does JBLU have each day out of JFK and how many total flights does JBLU fly a day?

FDJ2 said:
How many flights a day does JBLU have each day out of JFK and how many total flights does JBLU fly a day?

I think we have 196 flights a day total and all but about 20 touch JFK. I do know that on the Friday in question (snow storm day) we had one cancelled flight and on Saturday we did cancel 52 flights with a completion factor of 73% and a load factor system wide of 66%. On Sunday, we had 100% completion with our load factor back to our standard of 87.5%. So, basically over the three day of foul weather, about 600 flights total and 53 total cancellations. Obviously, JFK was the root and I was there during the brundt of it and saw a lot of happy to be jetBlue customers.

Overall, not a bad showing, but that is just my opinion. Then again, our stock price is down and that determines the real performance, right? :D

How did Song fair during this ordeal?

C Ya

I think Song did well. I don't know the completion rate, but there were some cnx'd flights. Luckily I spent the weekend at home, and ATL's weather wasn't bad at all!!

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :rolleyes:

Trick Questions!

What's one of the oldest established airlines in the U.S. that people think is still an upstart?

What airline still to this day suffers a condescending look from Wall St. but has one of the best returns on investment for over a thirty year period?

What Airline is a bigger domestic operator than United?

Let me give everybody some advice.... Whenever the "experts" on Wallstreet downgrade this carrier - I buy more stock. While I worked in the USAir system, I held this competitors stock.

I'm quite happy with it. I get even happier with it when one of these bonehead analysts says it heading for trouble.

If you can't figure out which airline it is.... you have a really bad case of paradigm thought process... Good luck with retirement!

Ty Webb said:
MedFlyer The first 717 was delivered to Airtran in September of 1999. DL has taken delivery of many mainline planes since then. The last mainline planes to be delivered new to Delta were delivered in the spring of 2002. said:
OK, I'll give you that.. . . . a handful of planes at DAL are as new as the older planes in our fleet.

Let me see, 71 B737-800s, 21 B767-400s, and 8 B777, that sounds like more than a handful. How many 717s has Airtran bought since 1999? If the B717 is such a hot aircraft how come no one is buying them?

MODERATOR!

Could you please move this thread to 'YGBSM' where it now belongs?;) TC

jetblue320 said:
I think we have 196 flights a day total and all but about 20 touch JFK. I do know that on the Friday in question (snow storm day) we had one cancelled flight and on Saturday we did cancel 52 flights with a completion factor of 73% and a load factor system wide of 66%. ....

How did Song fair during this ordeal?

C Ya

DAL operates 2005 daily flights to 457 cities in 82 countries so our exposure to the NYC market is not as great, as a percentage of our overall operation, as JBLU. I'm not sure how many DAL/Song flights were cancelled, but I assume it would be no greater than CAL with 120 cancelled flights in their Newark Hub. If that were the case, than DAL would of cancelled 6% of our daily schedule as opposed to 25% of JBLU's flights. It's just a matter of exposure, the more your operation is exposed to one airport, the greater impact on your operation when things go sour. At the end of the day, neither JBLU's or DAL's future will be decided by last weekends snow.

FDJ2 said:
DAL operates 2005 daily flights to 457 cities in 82 countries so our exposure to the NYC market is not as great, as a percentage of our overall operation, as JBLU. I'm not sure how many DAL/Song flights were cancelled, but I assume it would be no greater than CAL with 120 cancelled flights in their Newark Hub. If that were the case, than DAL would of cancelled 6% of our daily schedule as opposed to 25% of JBLU's flights. It's just a matter of exposure, the more your operation is exposed to one airport, the greater impact on your operation when things go sour. At the end of the day, neither JBLU's or DAL's future will be decided by last weekends snow.

FDJ2,

I was just answering a question. I was not "comparing" the two of us. As a side note, WOW, I had no idea that DL flew to that many countries. Some of which I have never even heard of I am sure.

The upside of the snow storm was, IMHO, the customer satisfaction that was earned from the folks we did get home or wherever. I try to be a glass half-full kinda guy.

See ya and Happy Holidays.

WOW, thats great! It reminds me of how many countries PanAm and TWA flew too.

Latest resources

Back