• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Triple 7 Delta and United

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This month CO B777 destinations, NRT TLV DEL FRA CDG HKG PEK LGW.

Some long 32hrs, some short around 12 hrs, can't beat the days off on the airplane though; I still like the B767 flying much better, but days off worse.

With regard to preferred 777 layovers at CAL, I presume that DEL would be the "worst" layover and HKG or NRT would be preferred layovers. CDG, FRA, BRU and LGW would probably be short layovers.

I am always concerned about "Delhi Belly" when I fly in there.

I can only rate the places I've been to:

1. FRA- can't beat German beer, we stay in a good location, people are very friendly and I speak a little German.

2. PEK- good shopping and fun to see that side of the world. Also challenging but fun going over Russia.

3. CDG/LGW I think these tie. We stay near the tower in Paris which is cool, but the bus ride into town in morning rush hour is miserable. I love London, but going downtown means you have to take a train. (Which we do get a free ticket for) Also VERY expensive. And no IRO on LGW means the flight back is a real battle to keep your eyes open.

4. DEL. I do enjoy seeing India and maybe I'll get out and do more next time. Controllers very hard to understand and it really is pretty 3rd world outside of the hotel. But I'd give it another shot.

I hear TLV is really good.

I don't really care about the value of trips because I don't break guarantee anyway. If I were a line holder I would probably value the longer ones more.

I actually like the Delhi trip. It's really efficient for pay and time off. I got Delhi belly twice and it was both from the homebound crew meals' fruit. This morning I avoided that part of the meal and I have no problems.

CAL does not have cruise only FO's. If you are fo, you can fly either the FO position or IRO (int'l relief officer) position depending what you get awarded on your line.

Do you guys still differentiate based on which "position" you were awarded? That seems antiquated. At DAL the two F/Os are considered "equal." There is a different trip pairing number for the "relief" guy but only for administrative purposes.

95% of the time it goes like this: Captain gets landing and associated 2nd break going to Europe/South America. During the crew brief the two F/Os ask each other "who needs a landing more?" If that is equal we flip a coin, offer to buy beer, etc. That is how you determine who gets the landing on the return leg back to the States. Non-landing F/O is the "in-seat" F/O for the captain's takeoff and landing. The other guy is relief. Then you reverse the seats coming back from Europe.

Do you guys still differentiate based on which "position" you were awarded? That seems antiquated. At DAL the two F/Os are considered "equal." There is a different trip pairing number for the "relief" guy but only for administrative purposes.

95% of the time it goes like this: Captain gets landing and associated 2nd break going to Europe/South America. During the crew brief the two F/Os ask each other "who needs a landing more?" If that is equal we flip a coin, offer to buy beer, etc. That is how you determine who gets the landing on the return leg back to the States. Non-landing F/O is the "in-seat" F/O for the captain's takeoff and landing. The other guy is relief. Then you reverse the seats coming back from Europe.

The FO is the one who's supposed to get the landing. If he's current and generous, he may offer it to the IRO. Generally speaking, if you're the assigned IRO for the trip, you don't get a landing. That doesn't mean that you won't get an fo trip for the month though.

What's a typical line on the EWR 777 like?

As a junior lineholder, I'm doing two Delhi's and one Paris. The Delhi trip is a four day, but it starts at night and ends around 4:30 am. Paris is a three day. PBS will typically try to give you 74 hours unless you widen the parameters and have some seniority.
London and Paris tend to get dropped as they're not productive trips pay-wise.

lines are typically 17-22 off with a mix of FO and IRO trips (typically three trips a month). More senior trips (HKG, PEK, NRT normally you can only get the IRO position). In my opinion the trips are all good with London being the worst.

lines are typically 17-22 off with a mix of FO and IRO trips (typically three trips a month). More senior trips (HKG, PEK, NRT normally you can only get the IRO position). In my opinion the trips are all good with London being the worst.

Because of the short layover, accomodations or the constant rainy weather?

[/b]

Because of the short layover, accomodations or the constant rainy weather?

It's mostly because of the low credit value (14:55 in three days) as compared to some of the other trips. The fact that the dollar sucks against the pound doesn't help either. The layover isn't really any shorter than NRT or PEK, it just doesn't pay as much.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back