• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

luckytohaveajob

White House prepared to open U.S. air routes to Canada, Mexico
Chad Groening
OneNewsNow.com
Wednesday June 27, 2007​
An author and investigative journalist says the Bush administration is working on a plan that would essentially erase national borders for air carriers, perhaps paving the way for Mexican and Canadian airlines to compete with U.S. carriers for American domestic and international routes.
At an April meeting in Tucson, U.S. Transportation Secretary Mary Peters met with her Canadian and Mexican counterparts to discuss the initial "North American Transportation Trilateral." At the meeting, which went virtually unreported by the American mainstream media, Secretary Peters noted that agreements with the two countries -- a 2005 air services agreement with Mexico, and the Open Skies accord signed with Canada in March -- lift restrictions on continental travel, effectively providing for "free and open trans-border air travel."
Dr. Jerome Corsi says the agreements, which are part of President Bush's controversial Security and Prosperity Partnership, will throw open lucrative U.S. air routes. "So Mexicana can fly from Los Angeles to New York, or New York to Paris, or New York to Las Vegas -- anywhere they want to go inside the United States as if they were U.S. airline," he explains.

The sell out Senate and whore your own momma out House with the presidents blessing may have already given the LCCs there next competitive threat with the ground work layed in 2005.

Where was ALPA oversight of this issue in 2005 under the worthless Duane Worth? Oh, I know they were allowing the storm to reach a no turning back point so they could say there is nothing we can do now just like happened on age 65.

And tomorrow watch ALPA and CALPA say there is nothing we can do about since the deal has already been signed so we better just go along to get along under the fearless Darth Prater.

The next LCC could base all airlines in Mexico. Pay American Boeing pilots in pesos', give us Mexican health care, and tell the US pilots they can retire on a lot less south of the border. California under Arnold Schwarzenegger would sign off on it in a heartbeat.

I am glad ALPA was minding the store when this happened in 2005. What would we do without ALPA?

Last edited:
Well with the politicians bent on cutting an amnesty deal (which for now got held back), why would pilots be exempt? My gut feel (and mine only) is this will eventually happen because commerce and government are determined to make it happen. Talk of a "superhighway" from Mexico to Canada continues to escalate. I think the purpose is to consolidate power both government and commerce wise (and to compete against the Chinese - sarcasm). It will be the average citizen who will pay the price. Oh well, I just hope the polticians or Hollywood are not adversely affected.

Oh ya, and you want a job with Mexicana or Aero Mexico? YOU CAN'T BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT A MEXICAN CITIZEN! BUT HEY, COME ON IN TO THE GOOD 'OL USA(ANYWAY YOU CAN) AND WE WILL GIVE YOU ONE. I LOVE IT!

Last edited:
work amnesty will probably be designed for all three countries citizens. thats how the us govt. will sell it.

where was alpa when this was going down in 2005? what is alpa's position of it today. what is alpa doing to block it tomorrow? NOTHING!

it will become a fire storm and alpa will say it is to late to do anything.

There will still be a lack of gate space or slots at major US airports, so there probably won't be a "flood" of Mexicana or Aeromexico flights, unless you want to go from Bakersfield to Newburgh nonstop. There is also a lack of feed within the US for those carriers, and allinace members may balk immediately if they start competitive flights against them internally. Airlines like Westjet in Canada, with no affiliation with any other US airline in an alliance, may cause some problems though on our domestic front, being the next LCC airline to fight with SWA, Jetblue, etc.

The sell out Senate and whore your own momma out House with the presidents blessing may have already given the LCCs there next competitive threat with the ground work layed in 2005.

Just like your ALPA reps you proabaly did not bother to particapte in congressional elections either....

Democracy sucks doesn't it...

Where was ALPA oversight of this issue in 2005 under the worthless Duane Worth? Oh, I know they were allowing the storm to reach a no turning back point so they could say there is nothing we can do now just like happened on age 65.

You have to be willing to listen adn not run your mouth in order to hear what ALPA has done...

And tomorrow watch ALPA and CALPA say there is nothing we can do about since the deal has already been signed so we better just go along to get along under the fearless Darth Prater.

Stop watching cartoons and help yourslef in your career...

The next LCC could base all airlines in Mexico. Pay American Boeing pilots in pesos', give us Mexican health care, and tell the US pilots they can retire on a lot less south of the border. California under Arnold Schwarzenegger would sign off on it in a heartbeat.

Its your democracy and your career... comprende?

I am glad ALPA was minding the store when this happened in 2005. What would we do without ALPA?

nah.. you were just too busy with your hobby: being an irresponsbile ALPA hater to be informed. Problem is...when can addres thee issue that youhave if you'd just shut your pie hole, show up with a smile and ask: How can I help out?

Just like your ALPA reps you proabaly did not bother to particapte in congressional elections either....

Democracy sucks doesn't it...

I have voted in almost every election since I was 18. I just voted in may for our state issues.

Rez, I don't see you defending ALPA failure on this issue just attacking me. You must be redirecting the thread because you know I am right concerning ALPA's failure on Trilateral Cabatoge.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back