Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

trainer8

Gentlemen,

I need some information. I'm a FAA "lettered" Check Airman and have a background in training and SIM instructing, too. A foreign carrier I'm looking at is requesting a TRI/TRE endorsement to train their pilots. How is this accomplished, in the USA.

T8

Gentlemen,

I need some information. I'm a FAA "lettered" Check Airman and have a background in training and SIM instructing, too. A foreign carrier I'm looking at is requesting a TRI/TRE endorsement to train their pilots. How is this accomplished, in the USA.

T8

TRI = Type Rating Instructor. The duties of a TRI include both simulator and line training.

TRE = Type Rating Examiner. The duties of a TRE include initial type rides for both first officers and captain upgrades. This is the equivalent of an APD or Designated Examiner.

LTC = Line Training Captain. That would be the equivalent of a line check airman.

If you have a current FAA qualification as a sim and line check airman then you would be roughly equal to a TRI. As a guess your qualifications should convert to a TRI rating in the country that the airline is operating in. You might require an observation or checkride of some kind from the local regulator to convert your FAA check airman status to a TRI status in that country.

Typhoonpilot

Latest resources

Back