• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travis Barker Blames Pilots, Equipment for Plane Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly, they do not know the cause yet, what if it turns out that the tires were to blame, along with Lear, and the crew?

Fly, they do not know the cause yet, what if it turns out that the tires were to blame, along with Lear, and the crew?

You're right, we don't know.

Its gonna be kind of hard to prove defective tires, thery're melted in the fire and there's millions of pieces of them all over the runway. To blame Bombardier/Lear for a bad design or a flaw is not worth talking about, its just ridiculous. They have half a century of success with that landing gear/brake set-up already.

I suppose any attorney can simply say that squat switch wires should have titanium shielding around them, and bang, give Travis and the others who are suing millions of dollars. Great! This country will become worse than it was before the crash, certainly not better.

Oh well, guess we'll see.

Last edited:
Our countrys condition will not change one bit regardless of the outcome of the suit.

Fly, I don't disagree with you on any point, but I was just making an observation that most attorneys would probably tell you to sue everybody - spray and pray... and if you said no... just the crew - they'd tell you to pound sand because now you, non-lawyer, are telling them how to do their job.

Our countrys condition will not change one bit regardless of the outcome of the suit.

Thats not true. And this is perhaps the best example of how lawsuits can bring an industry down. Why do you think everything in aviation is so expensive? Because of the liability attached to it, every aircraft part costs 10-20-30 times more than it should cost. Lawsuits 100% DIRECTLY effect aviation every time there's a lawsuit and some person gets $20 million because they survived an airline accident but got hurt, or some family collects $20 million because a loved one died. Pathetic. We ordered a windshield for a Lear 35 about 6 months ago, the damn thing was like $24,000, one side!!!! 15 years ago, that same exact windshield was $5,000. Why? Certainly not from inflation, its all from the built-in insurance liability insurance premiums that keep rising every year. And don't tell me I'm wrong, the pilot that owns that Lear with the windshield has been in the aviation insurance business and 135 charter business for 40 years, he knows what he's talking about. He's the same one that had a Lear operating out of Indonesia. I personally flew a part for the Concord from MIA to JFK back in 1999, the damn part was for the landing gear. It fit in a cigar box and weighed about 1 pound. It cost $30,000. I could fabricate that part in my friends workshop at his house in about 2 hours and it would do the same job. Its LIABILITY. If that part broke and caused an accident, everyone on that plane would be looking for a payday, YET every one of those poeple, YOU INCLUDED, continue to board airliners knowing full well that any one of the thousands of fixed parts and/or moving parts can fail and you will be dead in a smoking hole in the ground. Then when something happens, everyone boo-hoos and cries and runs to their attorneys. Sue, sue, sue. Pathetic x 100!!! Other countries around the world limit the amount someone can collect when someone dies because it will not change the outcome of that death or injury. If $50 million could bring that person back, great, lets do it.

Bottom line: Human negligence or stupidity should certainly be persued via lawsuits though. Humans can change outcomes by their actions. A metal part, a rubber tire, a wire, a light bulb, a brake line, an entire wing.....these things WILL continue to fail forever and ever, period. If you can't except the consequences in doing something that humans were not meant to do (fly up in the air at 500 mph), then don't do it. If a person, who has an operating brain does something that disfigures me or kills me, they should be held responsible. Man made things fail, man can fail, but when man screws up by doing something they know is wrong or deviates from procedure.....they need to be held accountable.

You're right, the final report is not out yet. But we all know what happened.

Fly, I don't disagree with you on any point, but I was just making an observation that most attorneys would probably tell you to sue everybody - spray and pray... and if you said no... just the crew - they'd tell you to pound sand because now you, non-lawyer, are telling them how to do their job.

Attorneys work for you and me, you tell them what to do. There's not an attorney in the country that would turn this case down if you said you just want to go after the insurance companies of the charter companies. Those companies are probably covered to at least $100 million combined...Travis WILL collect money from them. ((Hopefully the jury only awards him according to his injuries though, if he can still play drums and have a normal life, he better not get millions)) You think an attorney is going to pass up 30%-40% of that settlement. Its guaranteed money. Guaranteed!!!!!!! There attorneys know, right now today, that in about a year or so, they will be depositing a load of cash into their bank accounts. You think their going to pass and hope a better case walks through their door with a better case, no way. The Travis case is an open and shut case, it should never go to trial and very well could be over a couple weeks after the final report and cause comes out.

How about Tort Reform and liability limits on personal injury and medical malpractice lawsuits?

Some interesting comments here but wouldn't we all be better served by presenting this argument to our elected officials and creating a bill and getting it passed. Seriously.

How about Tort Reform and liability limits on personal injury and medical malpractice lawsuits?

Some interesting comments here but wouldn't we all be better served by presenting this argument to our elected officials and creating a bill and getting it passed. Seriously.

Oh, thats right, our government, which works for the people.....thats the most hilarious thing I've heard in my life.

Yeah, I'll shoot an email off tonight to my congressman, all should be wonderful next week.

C'mon, I'm actually too tired tonight to laugh.

Oh, thats right, our government, which works for the people.....thats the most hilarious thing I've heard in my life.

Yeah, I'll shoot an email off tonight to my congressman, all should be wonderful next week.

C'mon, I'm actually too tired tonight to laugh.

Than quit whining. Nobody expects anything constructive from you anyway FLY91.

Than quit whining. Nobody expects anything constructive from you anyway FLY91.

Who's whining, we're talking about lawsuits.

I think you telling us to write our elected corrupt officials is pretty useless information. Not too constructive.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back