• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Travel Guitar

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Martin backpacker is the way to go. Steel and nylon string versions are available.

I've seen some guy carrying small electrics like the ol' Steinburger size with the Pod effects box. That would be pretty sweet. The Pod lets you plug right into a computer and convert analog to digital plus has every effect imaginable.
<----He and I wish we had one.

I've been looking at the same issue. If I were to get an acoustic it would be the the baby Taylor or the similar Martin. Both have the typical dreadnought shape and sound really good. I personally don't like the sound of the Martin backpacker, but it is tiny and easy to carry.

I'm personally looking at an electric. A Steinberger Spirit, Hohner or something along those lines. Pair that with a pocket POD and that would be a sweet rig for traveling. The real Stienbergers from the 80's will run you over $1,000 and it would be a sin to mess one up traveling. Get a cheap knock off to beat up. I've see a brand on e-bay called KTone. I think they are made in China, but you can get one for $150. I can do alot of tweaking and come out with a decent travel ax.

Latest resources

Back