Travel Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bugchaser

Have the opportunity to pick up a very nice Beech Travelair. My question to you guys is this. Is there a demand for selling block times of instrucion in an airplane like this? I am thinking about $125/hr for dual in the airplane in ten hour blocks. I need to build some multi time so I am willing to throw in my time. I know about all the hurdles with the insurance, etc. Just trying to determine if I can get anyone to come and fly the thing and help me pay for it. If I can do about 100 hrs a year, I think I can justify buying it. Any thoughts or comments welcomed.

If the plane is in good shape - i.e. I don't think it's gonna kill me - I'd happily pay $125/hr for dual in it. Heck, I'd probably pay that to simply rent it.

Obviously one pilot's opinion doesn't mean demand, but I thought I'd share! :D

To answer your question, I would surely take you up on the time.
Where are you located?

Thanks for the input guys. If this deal goes through, I will let you all know. The idea is to offer the airplane for enough to pay its way. I am not trying to make any money on this, just want to build some time and help some others do the same for the lowest price that I can. If I can get about 100 hrs/yr, I think I can swing this deal. The airplane is pristine, only about 1500 TT and low engine times with new props. I am located out in West Texas. I'll let you know.

I am located out in West Texas.

Well, now you really have my attention. Where exactly in West Texas? El Paso is kinda a haul for me, but San Angelo or maybe even Midland would be justifiable for a weekend of cheap twin flying. Are you offering the plane only with dual, or would a guy like me be able to rent it?

I am north of Amarillo in the upper panhandle. This thing is still in the planning stages but it will probably happen. I am so busy flying this time of year that it is hard to get the time to put something together. The idea is to get it together for the fall. Hopefully, will be ready to go by September. As far as rental goes, that will depend on experience and will be handled on a case by case basis.

Latest resources

Back