Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

328dude

Still turning two
I'm a bit confused here about Trans States Jumpseat. You guys are both AA and US code shares, but if a US guy wnats to jump on a AA Connection flight and the flight is full, is he able to ride in the cockpit if he flies for a other US commuter? I never have a problem with the US side, but the AA agents dont seem to understand.

I had this situation the other day in DAY. AA gate agent had a bit of an attitude since I wasent AA. I spoke to the Captain about this on his way out to the gate and he told the agent that it was ok for me to ride up front. This really angered the AA agent.

Anyway, thanks to the crew of that flight and sticking up for us commuters. If it wasent for you, id still be trying to beat the holiday traffic home. Feel free to ride in my jumpseat no matter what color your uniform is that day.

Something has to be done soon about the whole industries jump-seat issues. Part of being a pilot is being able to commute but getting bumped off flight after flight with a jumpseat wide open is getting old. I have heard ALPA is working on it but havn't heard any updated, anybody out there know anything?

signed,
troubled commuter

It is real simple when dealing with jumpseats. The agent that you go to has to be able to verify in "their" computer who you are. So if you are going to a AA conection and you are a US employee you cannot be verified by our computer system that you are who you say you are so you should not be allowed into the jumpseat. This is not a company policy this is an FAR and the captain that let you on can be liable for the violation. Do I agree with this? HELL NO but this is how it is.

Hi!

To elaborate on the last post:

U can only JS with the carrier you fly for.

If you fly for TSA as an AA Connection pilot, you may ride in the jumpseat of any TSA airplane, Corporate/Chautauqu AA Connection aircraft, or an Eagle or AA aircraft.

Even though U fly 4 TSA, you may NOT jumpseat on a USAir or USAir commuter aircraft (with the exception of a TSA aircraft).

I hope the FAA/TSA (gov't) changes this policy soon!

Cliff
GRB

Not true,Cliff-I fly for CHQ and jumpseat on the mainline and the W/O's,too.Matter of fact,I was on a U 'Bus the other day with a AX TSA pilot in the other jumpseat.At CHQ,we take just about any mainline/express pilot-AA/AW/U/DAL.

After reading the latest security bulletin for Trans States, the US air side is only suppossed to take US air mainline or express guys up front and thats it. If it is an AX flight, then we can only take another AX, AA, or AE up front. We can not mix the two even though we may fly both. Hence I always carry and extra set of brass. It's a dumb rule, and most don't even know if you are on the AX side or US air side anyway

Latest resources

Back