• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Transstates grounded

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep- the greatest planes usually squeak....

Yep- the greatest planes usually squeak....

I got to sit up front on a DC-9 that actually leaked large amounts of water into the cockpit when it rained and it had most like been flying around safely like that for 20+ years.

pathetic ...

Do you have the faintest idea what the "FAA Diamond Award" is? Do you know what maintenance control's function is?
I sure do. So much indeed that it almost got me in trouble. And don't get me started with TSA MX control...

BrickTop What do you expect from an airplane that flies 8-10 cycles/day? Do this type of flying in any Bus or Boeing and you'll get the same result.

I sure do. So much indeed that it almost got me in trouble. And don't get me started with TSA MX control...

BrickTop What do you expect from an airplane that flies 8-10 cycles/day? Do this type of flying in any Bus or Boeing and you'll get the same result.

Yeah- I can't even begin to tell you how many "squeaky" boeings I have been on..... Come to think of it, I think I read something about the space shuttle getting a little "sqeaky" these days.

Embraer blows-get a clue!

Do you have the faintest idea what the "FAA Diamond Award" is? Do you know what maintenance control's function is?

At Trans States Maintenance Control's job is to do several things:

1. Ask if the gripe is already in the book. If it is, bitch a little bit then send contract maint out to pull a circuit breaker or two and then sign it off "ops check good."

2. If it's not in the book, tell the pilots "it's OK, just bring it back to the maint base."

3. If the pilot objects to flying with the EICAS message, just have him/her pull breakers until the message goes away. Then say "you're good to go."

4. If the pilot objects to anything else, tell him to call his flight manager and hang up on him.

This is from a guy who worked there for almost 5 years.

1. Ask if the gripe is already in the book. If it is, bitch a little bit then send contract maint out to pull a circuit breaker or two and then sign it off "ops check good."

2. If it's not in the book, tell the pilots "it's OK, just bring it back to the maint base."

3. If the pilot objects to flying with the EICAS message, just have him/her pull breakers until the message goes away. Then say "you're good to go."

4. If the pilot objects to anything else, tell him to call his flight manager and hang up on him.

5. Swap the pilot to a different aircraft find another pilot and go back to number one.

5. Swap the pilot to a different aircraft find another pilot and go back to number one.

This pretty much exactly sums up what it's like when something breaks here.

Yeah- I can't even begin to tell you how many "squeaky" boeings I have been on..... Come to think of it, I think I read something about the space shuttle getting a little "sqeaky" these days.

Embraer blows-get a clue!

They (referring to Douglas, Boeings, and Busses) make other uncomfortable noises, and they go tech, too. How flawless is the CRJ?

Latest resources

Back