Transstates grounded

EHE2

Disgruntled User
Total Time
>0
Entire Trans States Airlines fleet of 145s (only 31 A/c) is grounded once again for non compliance with an AD. This marks the 4th time in 12 months!!!! Will UAL ever fire them???

Foxcow

screwed
Total Time
meh...
Yup. I lost almost 5 hours of pay today because of it. Lots of flights canceled and aircrafts 801-812 grounded due to non-compliance. Aparently, a wire bundle in the APU area had be wrapped, heat shrunk, and shortened (service bulletin).

I hear that we are about halfway through a 90 probationary period. Great job Trans States.

jonjuan

Honey Ryder
Total Time
3,000+
Yup. I lost almost 5 hours of pay today because of it. Lots of flights canceled and aircrafts 801-812 grounded due to non-compliance. Aparently, a wire bundle in the APU area had be wrapped, heat shrunk, and shortened (service bulletin).

I hear that we are about halfway through a 90 probationary period. Great job Trans States.
You didn't catch this during pre-flight?

nwa_contrails

Total Time
+
Entire Trans States Airlines fleet of 145s (only 31 A/c) is grounded once again for non compliance with an AD. This marks the 4th time in 12 months!!!! Will UAL ever fire them???
Wasn't the entire fleet, but about half.

Raoul Duke

Total Time
anyone have details on how many aircraft are actually grounded and for how long?

Skippy

Total Time
N/a
dont lift a GD finger to help them either-- and hope you get the day off!

Hamburger

Total Time
5000+
Hulas STILL blows goats.

Skippy

Total Time
N/a
Shouldn't the title of the thread read:

Trans States Grounded....... AGAIN........ and AGAIN......

Dornier 335

Total Time
Nah, who cares? TSA will still get the FAA diamond award. Great working system!

BrickTop

I refuse to commute on TSA. The last two times I caught a ride I seriously thought the wings were going to separate in flight. Noisy, stanges squeaks, squealing door seals EVERYWHERE, struts that sound more like a stagecoach on waggon wheels..... SCARY.

Foxcow

screwed
Total Time
meh...
I refuse to commute on TSA. The last two times I caught a ride I seriously thought the wings were going to separate in flight. Noisy, stanges squeaks, squealing door seals EVERYWHERE, struts that sound more like a stagecoach on waggon wheels..... SCARY.

Plus it is so unreliable! I have commuted for a total of about 8 months (lived out of base for about 6 months and displaced for about 2.5) and I can count on my hands how many times I've used me own company because it is so unreliable.

CX880

Total Time
...... You expect these stupid comments from pax not fellow pilots. Do you refuse to fly on Southwest? Remember the dozens of broken 737s they let fly last year? What about American, the MD80s with the nose gear problems? What about ASA that grounded about 50 planes because of engine mx problems??

By the way, that squeaky thing is an ERJ thing not a TSA thing. Actually do a search it's been brought up many times.