Transporting the Deceased

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At least you had paperwork.

All i had was a naked guy with a sheet and his toes sticking up between the seats. Of course I had all his belongings in the seat next to me.

I can't get the feeling of my hands sinking into his flesh out of my head.

jetbluedog said:
Back in '94 I was flying for a 135 outfit in the Midwest. Got a call at 11pm to fly a body from a morgue in Omaha, NE to DSM, IA in a Piper Navajo. Grabbed some Taco Bell on the way to the airport. Ate in the car on the way, didn't think much about it. Quick pre-flight, the hurse showed-up with a body bag. 3 guys loaded the body in the back, signed some paperwork, and I blasted off headed east to DSM. About 30 mins into the flight, 9000 feet, clear smooth.....all-hell broke loose within my inner bowels. I grimmaced. Shifted from left buttcheek, to right buttcheek, and back and forth, but no-luck. I knew few FBO's in po-dunk Iowa would have facilities open at 1a.m. I put my trusty faith in the autopilot, crawled in back. No one at the controls! Unzipped the body bag. Squatted over the body, a foot on either side of the dead body. Blasted my load.....man that never felt so good. Zipped up the body bag and crawled back up front.
In DSM, I've never heard a bunch of funeral home directors complaint about a body's smell while unloading in all my life. I stayed in the plane because I was laughing my-ass-off so hard.
Blasted off and returned to home base in Omaha. Never told anyone til' today!

holy crap i can't believe you took a dump on a dead body. i don't know if i should slap you or give you a hi-five!! that is insane

my uncle way back when built hours hauling dead snowbirds from florida to pennsylvania...made two or three runs a week abbought back 1 to 5 bodies per run...i dont' know the legalities of it, i just know it can be done...

My girlfriend who is now my wife came down to visit me in college during spring break. I got paged in the middle of the mess to do a trip. I did the only logical thing to do I worked it out so that she could go with me on the trip. I went with a casket from Longview to Austin, Texas. Then we had to position the airplane to Uvalde to pick up a body and fly it back to Longview. The casket part went O.K. and we got over to Uvalde. We loaded the body into the airplane just as we were leaving the funeral director took his sheets off the body. My poor wife to be freaked out she wasn't going to go anywhere near that airplane with a naked body in it. I begged the funeral director for his sheets he just smiled and drove off. I went to the FBO and begged for a sheet anything......... the old guy said he had something but he would have to charge me for it. I paid him 5.00 and away we went. My wife wouldn't look back for anything. Everything was fine till the sun went down she held on to my arm (in a Cherokee Six) all the way to the ground on that trip. I have often wondered what she would have done it the body has sat up from the gases in the body expanding(they do that once in a while) Interesting stuff.

Diesel said:
At least you had paperwork.

All i had was a naked guy with a sheet and his toes sticking up between the seats. Of course I had all his belongings in the seat next to me.

I can't get the feeling of my hands sinking into his flesh out of my head.
At least it was only his toes sticking up...

Latest resources

Back