Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Groundpounder

http://www.transmeridian-airlines.com/

TransMeridian Airlines Shuts down All Operations and will File for Protection Under Section 7 of the US Bankruptcy Code
Lithia Springs , GA. , September 29, 2005 - Today TransMeridian Airlines announced the shut down of all flight operations effective immediately. The Atlanta based supplemental carrier was unsuccessful in negotiations to restructure its debt.
All flight operations have been terminated. Passengers who purchased tickets on cancelled flights should contact their travel agent or credit card company.
Since its founding in 1995, TransMeridian has carried more than a million passengers to more than 150 destinations within the United States , Mexico , South America and the Caribbean . The management of TransMeridian would like to thank all of its customers for their patronage and continued support over the years.
The airline is now working on efforts to assist employees affected by the shutdown. Airline officials expressed their sincere gratitude to their hundreds of dedicated workers who served the charter airline.
Passengers seeking more information can contact the company by email at [email protected]
Frank Fraboni
Communications Director
TransMeridian Airlines

Another One Bites the Dust

Been there, done that and got way too many T-shirts. Good luck to all - yu will certainly need it.
From someone who has been there more than once!!!

started with 727's, but upgraded to md-80's..somebody said even 757's maybe..

User997 said:
What kind of airplanes did TransMeridian operate?

I'm pretty sure they had some 727's and 757's. I remember a few years ago they started flying the 727's out of SYR down to somewhere south (Florida and onto Puerto Rico, maybe). At one point, I remember watching one of their 727's doing touch and goes (yes, touch and goes) at SYR. Kinda neat to watch from the ramp.

It's not good to see another airline shut down...I remember hearing their radio ads for a long time. I guess they flew out of RFD as well, according to their commercials.

I did a google news search on "airlines" about 10:30 pm tonight. About the second page there were some articles saying that analysts predict a slow down in airline ticket purchases because of high fuel prices and because passengers are having to pay higher prices for consumer commodities. There were also articles related to a slow down in the cargo industry. :eek:

I have a feeling there's an even bigger turd sandwich coming to the dinner table, but what can we do?

91 said:
I'm pretty sure they had some 727's and 757's. I remember a few years ago they started flying the 727's out of SYR down to somewhere south (Florida and onto Puerto Rico, maybe). At one point, I remember watching one of their 727's doing touch and goes (yes, touch and goes) at SYR. Kinda neat to watch from the ramp.
When US Airways got their first A330 they brought it to my local airport and did touch and go's with it. Was kind of cool to see.

A former co-worker worked for them. Fairly senior also. They did have A320's at one time. Last I knew they were running 727, 757, 767 and MD80s.

Good and best of luck to everyone at Transmeridian. I was trained on the A-320 and the B-727 with them in Atlanta, and furloghted after one month due to lost contracts in the area I was flying out of. But stayed in contact wiht many, It is the nature of the beast in aviation, may transmeridian (it was prime air at the time I was with them) rest in pease along with Braniff, Eastern, Capital, New York Air, Peidmonts, Trump air, and the rest of the deceased companies!

Go Red Sox, Go Red Sox!

Love MissKittyKat! Whishing everyone a fun and peacesful day today!

Latest resources

Back