Transmeridian Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Extra300S

Just got a call from a furloughed Delta buddy of mine, who has an interview with Transmeridian (TMA)

Would anyone have any info as to the process and/or company background?

I said I would try to dig up some info soooo thanks in advance!

Thanks 1900! Already had looked at the website, wondering of anyone had some more detailed info about the company?

I see they fly B-727's and B-757's. Probably an ACMI company?

Anyone know about bases? Payrates? Working conditons?

Hey......1900!

Hey 1900...i 've wanted to ask this along time now.......
are you as "goodlooking" now as you were when you took this pic?....
i had glimse of you hustling to work a couple of week ago........looked like you were realy late!

happy Landings!

Cavy:cool:

They might be a decent airline to fly for, but man they are not fun to fly on! Went on them for a charter flight to MMUN for Spring Break a few years back. I think we were delayed for about 16 hours in IND, then in MMUN we were delayed for about 14 hours. Not fun, let me tell you. The pilots seemed cool though, Good luck!

When they first brought the 757 on, and were looking for Captains and a Program Manager, the pay was $58K and $63K, respectively.

I've got a few friends at TMA. They are on the 72 and are currently furloughed...wonder why they are interviewing with guys out on the street?

When did TMA get rid of the A320's? The used to have all brand new Airbuses and that is all.

I knew someone who worked there in 97-98. The pilots would spend 6 months in the US and 6 months in Europe/Africa. He was based in London, Reykjavic, and Tunis, Tunisia during his 6 months abroad. I don't know if they still do this or not.

Found this on another board: TMA says no guys on Furlough? They are interviewing....

Hey Guys and Girls:

Just FYI, TransMeridian Airlines, out of ATL, will likely be continuing to hire here and there, throughout the summer. Most likely to be hired are Captains and PFE’s, though they’re also looking at F/O’s and have recently hired at least one former EOI F/O.

It’s an FAR 121 Supplemental pax operation operating B-727’s (with 2 B-757’s coming on the certificate this summer) with bases currently in MSP, MCI, PSM/BOS, and a small (very senior) base in JAX. The pay ain’t half bad, starting at rates comparable to EOI’s 1999 pay scale, and increasing after the first two years to rates close to Express One’s recent rates. Pay is based on a 16 duty days/month, with at least on 5 day period guaranteed,
though I’ve yet to see a line w/o at least on 6 day off period per month.

All initial and recurrent training (ground school and sim) is conducted at Delta’s facilities in ATL, which are outstanding. Hotels and per diem are paid during school and one goes on the regular payroll the first day of IOE. For me, that was less than two weeks after the start of class. And there are NO training contracts.

Pretty good, though not great, jumpseat agreements, very good housing/hotel provisions in the cremember contract (w/ the in-house Pilots Association), and standard per diem of $1.50/hr up to $36.00 per day. One interesting thing? Unlike any other airline - including the majors - I’ve ever heard of, they absolutely can NOT force you to work a 17th day, or on any of your days off. So if you’ve made plans for those days off, you can keep them.
Still, when I’ve been at work, I’ve been flying my ass off (80+ hours from the time I hit the line on 3/5 through 3/31). You can plan on the same.

The planes seem to me to be kept in **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** good shape, and the interiors of their aircraft are in far better shape than those on EOI’s old passenger operation. After some rough times, the whole airline was purchased last year by Pegasus Leasing (who, unlike the new owners of EOI, also installed new upper management), so there’s excellent financial backing, though as we all know the hard way, good backing doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll always
have a job. It’s still the airline business after all. Finally, to a person, the folks in management and on the line have been just great. I’ve been having a gas, and I think some of you guys might enjoy it too. TMA Chief Pilot (ex-EOI) Mayo Corbett says he’s surprised how few resumes he’s seen from Express One types, so maybe you’d care to change that?

Hi!

The website listed for trans-meridian requires a password. Is there a company site open to the public?

Cliff
GRB

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back