Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Transition from fighters only - getting harder?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You have to be a US citizen and renounce citizenship with any other country to be an officer in the US military.

Just curious -- what airlines are you seeing that require multi-crew experience? I've got some friends getting out soon and don't want to give them any bad advice.
Thanks,
Z

It is mainly Airlines outside of US - The ones that are hiring ;o) Just need a place to hang out until it is possible to get a job in US.

Last edited:
Cathay Pacific doesn't require Multi-Crew to get hired. You may qualify for a Direct Entry FO position, but for sure a SO position. A bubby of mine had 1800hrs of Harrier and Hawk time only, no multi-engine and no multi crew, and got hired into the right seat of a 744. They looking for SO's right now and FO's sometime next year.

They have basses in the US as well.

Bjammin,

I passed the CX interview for DEFO in 08 and was told maybe 2012 last time I talked to CX. They however also said to check back with them November to see if anything had changed.

Right now it looks like they will have to upgrade 400+ SOs before they can hire any more DEFOs and by then I bet some of the short course cadets (New DESO Scheme) will be crying wolf.

Hopefully expansion will be so agressive that they can't get by without DEFOs ;o)

DESO without housing is not an option for me as I have a rather large household and also if there is an age limit, I am probably pushing it.

I have a buudy that's in the same boat. Passed the interview a couple of years ago and is swimming in the pool.

If you passed the DEFO the interview and are just waiting, just hold on, I think they will be needing FO's in the states in the very near future. I not sure where the age limit stands right now. Things change rapidly so watch this space.

Go volunteer for an MC-12 tour. For only a 6 month hitch, a type rating, ATP, and 500 hours MTPIC, all courtesy of your Uncle Sam.

Plus where else are you going to get paid $100K+/year to fly a King Air?

Disregard, didn't see you wern't a US service member.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back