Transceiver recommendations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jlowell

I want to buy a transceiver and was looking at The Marv Golden supply site. they have Icom and Vertex brands.

Are those the main ones to look at? Any recommendations. The Icom A24 looks good although I don't know diddly about them. :eek:)

I've had two Icoms, an IC-A20 several years ago, and an IC-A24 that I bought a couple of months ago (been using the A20 up until I got the 24, and the 20 was about 13 years old). Both of them were and are top notch transceivers that do their job very well. I've had two total electrical failures, and both times the Icom and my GPS took care of the situtation just fine. I dont know anything about the Vertex radios, but I can definitely vouch for the quality of the Icom units.

jlowell said:
I want to buy a transceiver and was looking at The Marv Golden supply site. they have Icom and Vertex brands.

Are those the main ones to look at? Any recommendations. The Icom A24 looks good although I don't know diddly about them. :eek:)
Buy an Icom. Even if you pay a little extra for it, it is totally worth it. I have had an Icom A22 with localizer function since 1998 and love it. They make great units.

Check on Ebay, I bought a Sportys JP200 on Ebay (it sucked) and sold it on Ebay a week later for a $100 profit.

Latest resources

Back