• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Finally an intelligent response..

Jason Kagan said:
Angus,

I can only answer your questions with a question. What do the AA pilots gain or hope to gain from having scope language that prohibits code share partners from flying 70 seat aircraft, even if it is flown for a different code share? I don't understand the logic in that language.

Please explain.

I appreciate your reply Jason Kagan. My response to your question is this:

It is irrelevant to another Pilot Group what the reason for a particular Pilot Groups scope clause in their CBA. The fact is... it exists for their benefit and to turn a blind eye to that fact changes nothing.

With that said..... my main point to the Pilots at Trans States is this:

Stop your big bad toughguy talk and antics towards other Pilots that are doing the SAME thing that your are doing and are willing to do. It happens and you are NO different and you can only imagine if the all the Pilot groups started acting personally towards you like you have been acting.

Angus said:
With that said..... my main point to the Pilots at Trans States is this:

Stop your big bad toughguy talk and antics towards other Pilots

This is the part I agree with. Hulas doesn't care about the talk and enjoys the pilot vs. pilot antics that he orchestrates. Anything less than hitting Hulas in the wallet is pi$$ing in the wind. I'm ex TSA and know they laugh about this kind of stuff in their meetings and spend time figuring out how to stick it to the unions in seemingly trivial ways. It's a daily battle at TSA. Fight the real enemy.

EagleRJ

Wow, an Eagle pilot complaining about stealing passengers. What happened to all the FOKKER 100s. What happened to all of the TWA pilots and 717s. Thats right American and American Eagle. The little flying that we TWA and TWE pilots do is pathetic. STL is our turf not yours. We are not owned by Eagle and we our not bypassing your seniority list.

737 Pylt

Do you fly the thunder guppy out of ATL?

EagleRJ said:
After American's ill-advised purchase of ailing TWA was announced, pilots at Eagle were excited about the associated growth of American's feed, ...
That's an interesting persepective. Why in the world would AA's feed grow as a result of the purchase? If I may presume, you were looking forward not to growth but to the transfer of the flying done by CHQ, TSA, and Corpex to Eagle. Your gain and their loss. Now don't get me wrong, I know it's just business and you felt your CBA entitled you to it, but now you sound like the TSA pilot whom you criticize.

My biggest beef: pilots blaming other pilots for management's decisions. To Angus: no Regional/Commuters/Small Jet operators take any flying from Mainline; it's given to them by Mainline management. Why do mainline pilots allow it? Because we're essentially powerless to stop companies we don't run. Let's all try to keep our eyes on the Big Picture and not mindlessly bash other pilots.

TWA Dude said:
My biggest beef: pilots blaming other pilots for management's decisions. To Angus: no Regional/Commuters/Small Jet operators take any flying from Mainline; it's given to them by Mainline management. Why do mainline pilots allow it? Because we're essentially powerless to stop companies we don't run. Let's all try to keep our eyes on the Big Picture and not mindlessly bash other pilots.

Amen TWA Dude. TSA didn't take Eagle's flying, it was given to them by AMR. Just like the flying we've been doing as UAX was given to Mesa, TSA, Taco, and SkyWest, and whoever else. What did you expect AMR to do, disband TSA or staple or integrate them? Modern management pits one against the other, it's unfortunate but happens.

At least give Chataqua (can't spell it) thumbs up for playing by the rules, paying APA the fines until the UAX a/c which violate their scope are on another certificate, and still working from a single seniority list. TSA could operate TSA and G* Jets this way, but good luck.

cocknbull said:
EagleRJ

What happened to all the FOKKER 100s. What happened to all of the TWA pilots and 717s. Thats right American and American Eagle.

The Fokkers were phased out by the company because they were orphan airframes that broke all the time.

Trust me, every Eagle pilot is intimately familiar with the TWA pilots. Many of them are at Eagle right now in our highest-paid seats, drawing pay based on their TWA seniority! The TWA deal went through many years after the Flowthrough/Flowback agreement was signed, so they weren't entitled to participate in it, but they came anyway.

It shouldn't need repeating, but TWA was a purchase, not a merger! I'm happy for the pilots that it worked out as well for them as it did, but pilots at Eagle have paid a heavy price.
Back to the topic- again, I don't see a direct comparison between the TSA pilots and the G*jets pilots, but pilots at TSA need to watch the volume of their protests considering the effects of their own flying. An alter-ego is an alter-ego, no matter how it came about.

Do you fly the thunder guppy out of ATL?

What's a thunder guppy?

EagleRJ said:
It shouldn't need repeating, but TWA was a purchase, not a merger!
It was both. The assets of TWA were purchased then merged into AA. FYI, an interesting yet pointless debate now rages about AWA and USA, as in who bought who. The answer is neither but don't tell that to the unions!

Angus,

Didn't know that AA pilots owned AMR or the flying that AA does. What a joke. You don't decide anything about AA flying except on your particular flight. No pilot decides who does what flying and it's laughable that you think you do. Pilots fly what managment tells them to or what they have negotiated in their CBA and how's that been workin for ya?

Fact is it's cheaper for managments to violate CBA's and do what they want and wory about the grievances later. Still havn't heard too much from APA about all this. Any grievance been filed?

Oh yeah, hows that Wright Ammendment thing going? Doesn't look to good for you guys. Better start to squirrell those nuts away for the coming losses that SWA is going cause to AA. Talk about losses, at least delta's is oil prices and not the most profitable airline in history being let out of the hand cuffs imposed on them for the last 26 years. Have fun dealing with that ya old fart.

Angus said:
LOL! Here you are with NOTHING to add to this topic..... but you have to come here and be big "Mr. Delta" to impress the regional guys.
First of all sport, I have forgotten more than you'll ever learn. And I don't try to impress anyone, I leave that to you!

Heres some news for you "Mrs List every airplane and type rating I have 737pileofit"....... your bankrupt carrier has become nonrelevant just as your comments on this thread. I guess this is what is creating the inferiority complex to come over on this thread and try and slam me.
What has the state of my airline have to do with the thread. I got news for you jr., you speak out of both sides of your nut drainer....come back with something a little bit bigger.

You're out of your mind as well as league if you think your tough guy talk intimidates or even irritates me. LOL! I just look at your profile, and that is ALL the satisfaction I need to laugh you off.....little boy. You still in the right seat? Ouch... that paycut your about to get is REALLY gonna sting. Back to dialup for you Spanky.....LOL!

Man sport, is that all you got. The right seat pay is what I use to pay my gardner, you know him, his name is mr. anus, you call him dad! BTW your mom did a lousy job cleaning our gesthouse toilet. Next time, I'm docking her pay!

Speaking of junior.... shouldn't you be checking for open time?

LOL!! Now run along and let the adults talk....... maybe you can add a complete list of EVERY airplane you've flown to your profile..... we'd ALL be soooo impressed....LOL!!

HEY A$$HOLE, last time I checked, this was an aviation board. Too bad, much like a neutered dog, you don't get it. As far as adults talking, you wouldn't know. Spending time at Chuck E Cheeses looking for your next date is not playing adult.
Move on kid, there's nothing for you here!

We have a love connection....

737 Pylt said:
First of all sport, I have forgotten more than you'll ever learn. And I don't try to impress anyone, I leave that to you!

What has the state of my airline have to do with the thread. I got news for you jr., you speak out of both sides of your nut drainer....come back with something a little bit bigger.

Man sport, is that all you got. The right seat pay is what I use to pay my gardner, you know him, his name is mr. anus, you call him dad! BTW your mom did a lousy job cleaning our gesthouse toilet. Next time, I'm docking her pay!

HEY A$$HOLE, last time I checked, this was an aviation board. Too bad, much like a neutered dog, you don't get it. As far as adults talking, you wouldn't know. Spending time at Chuck E Cheeses looking for your next date is not playing adult.
Move on kid, there's nothing for you here!

Sooo... what are you really saying? I think we both know what is happening here. I can feel the chemistry. I think deep down.... we really love each other. There I said it.... I LOVE you man. I really really love you.

How about us finally getting together for some quality time together. You can sit and tell me stories about ALL the type ratings you have and all the airplanes you fly....wow.... the lists is so impressive! You actually flew the B-727..... wow.... I'm breathless!

You can show me all the pictures you have on the walls and on the tables in your house of all the airplanes you've flown. You probably have pictures doing preflights, and in the cockpit sitting in the seat.... maybe even pretending to flip switches. OOOOhhhh... that is soooo hot.

How about it big boy....??

Latest resources

Back