Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

great cornholio

Are you threatening me??
Any idea what upgrade time is at TSA these days?

Are they hiring into the ERJ or the J41 over the next few months?

How long can a new hire expect to sit reserve?

Finally what are the junior bases?

Thanks

The most junior upgrades right now are around 3 yrs or so. They are hiring into both A/C, FO new hires are are going to RIC in the jet, and if you have the time, CQFO RIC in the J41. If your on the jet reserve won't be long, but on the 41 who knows. All the new hires have been getting RIC.

cqfo mins?

anyone know what they want for someone to be cqfo? atp? turbine time? pic turbinr time? all of the above? some broad time requirements? anyone? newman?

There are NO reserve lines on the jet right now because we are so understaffed. Im not sure about the J41. Go to our message board www.tsalounge.com and there are about a 2000 people that can answer all your questions.

TSA Pilot

Re: cqfo mins?

wannab0133 said:
anyone know what they want for someone to be cqfo? atp? turbine time? pic turbinr time? all of the above? some broad time requirements? anyone? newman?

All CQFO's hired are furloughees from major airlines with at least a type rating (or two or three) already and many thousands of hours. Keep in mind that TSA decides your initial equipment, not you, and that you may not know what you're getting until the second week of ground school.

If you're interested in TSA that's fine but I don't recommend coming here in hopes of being a CQFO. It's not as great a deal as it may sound and the QOL is pretty poor due to being scheduling's "darling". Plus it's slowing down upgrades for the regular FO's.

Dude

That whole CQFO deal sounds rotten. At ACA we had/have FOQC's but that was not very often used. And it didn't hurt anyones movement. CQFO sounds like a cheap way to have both seats covered without having to upgrade anyone...$$$$$$$

Exactly!!!! This is a big issue around TSA right now. They now even have the CQFO's bidding as captains while there are LOTS of FO's with the time to upgrade

Thanks for the info guys.

I really hope they(I don't know if I can say we, yet) get this situation resolved quickly. It is just wrong to hire guys into the left seat when you have pilots with the time requirements to upgrade. I definitely will not be one of them, only 600 multi, all piston. See you guys Monday! (I'll be the one with the huge goofy grin above my chin!)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back