Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Humphreybogart

Here's Lookin At You Kid
Just wondering what the reserve time is in RIC? How long till you can hold a line? What is the latest on a possible IAD base? What are the line schedules like in RIC? And finally, what are the company needs for pilots, what aircraft most likely will this months new hire class be assigned? Thanks!

Humphreybogart said:
Just wondering what the reserve time is in RIC? How long till you can hold a line? What is the latest on a possible IAD base? What are the line schedules like in RIC? And finally, what are the company needs for pilots, what aircraft most likely will this months new hire class be assigned? Thanks!

First off, go to tsalounge.com

Don't quote me on this, as I don't work there, but heres what I've heard.
Reserve time varies depending on aircraft. Jet 0-2 months. Prop a little longer.
Schedules don't seem to be the best, but possibly improving as TSA becomes better staffed.
I've heard 200 newhires by the end of the year, most going to the jet, some to the prop. The last few classes looked like about a 70/30 split.
Again, this info is not straight from the horses mouth, but is fairly accurate and hopefully gives you an idea. Good luck.

yeah go to tsalounge first. As far as what the other guy said it was pretty much right. My class was closer to 50/50 though. Seems like if you have any 121 time then you get the jet. No 121 time and it looks like you get the J 41. They say that it is random, but thats how it looked in my class although there were a few non 121 guys that got the jet. But no 121 guys got the prop. Dulles base is just a rumor so far. Not much really being said about it. As far as lines and what not Im still in training so i dont know really. Heard the really suck in april though. Reserve pretty much just like the other guy said.

Latest resources

Back