Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

socalpilot

"Work Right! Fly Hard!"
Rumor has it that Trans States furloughed 11 pilots. Does anybody have any details as to what is going on?

Rumor has it that management is showing their dark side to get the Jets for Jobs Bull$hit to pass, as well as a reaction to the war. Good Luck to all.

They furloughed 11, but have put out a notice soliciting more voluntary furloughs. If nobody bites, I would think more are just around the corner.

MD80DRVR said:
They furloughed 11, but have put out a notice soliciting more voluntary furloughs. If nobody bites, I would think more are just around the corner.

11 Furloughs!?! That'll save them a whopping 15K a month. How's that going to help their bottom line. Ziggy1 (Ex TSA)

Ziggy1,

Since when have they done anything that has made sense?

Fly Safe.

Frank Bama said:
Ziggy1,

Since when have they done anything that has made sense?

Fly Safe.

I've never understood their management posture towards the people that work for them. I'm sure they have it figured it saves them money but I think (don't really know) it costs them in turnover and lower productivity.

This is what I was told at my interview 2 years ago- management does not want you to stay for a long time. Lifers cost a lot more than newer captains, so keep them flowing out.

WHO told you that in an interview?? That is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard. And YOU believed it?! I seriously doubt that a Flight Manager or anyone from management ever said that to anyone, anytime.. let alone during an interview process. Something like that is ridiculous and is obviously someones opinion.. someone who knows nothing about whats going on "in the loop".

Trans States isn't the crown jewel by any means... but they certainly don't run their company based on the premise "lets move'm out of here quickly so we can keep costs down!"

Think about it...

FL717 said:
WHO told you that in an interview?? That is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard. And YOU believed it?! I seriously doubt that a Flight Manager or anyone from management ever said that to anyone, anytime.. let alone during an interview process. Something like that is ridiculous and is obviously someones opinion.. someone who knows nothing about whats going on "in the loop".

Trans States isn't the crown jewel by any means... but they certainly don't run their company based on the premise "lets move'm out of here quickly so we can keep costs down!"

Think about it...

JTF is not far off the mark. I can't verify the job interview situation but that was common knowledge at TSA. I know it's hard to believe, but that is how they do things there. It's a revolving door. I did respect the fact that they didn't blow a bunch of "welcome to our aviation family" crap at us though.

Latest resources

Back