• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Trans States "Bridge Agreement"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is a standard boilerplate union busting tactic . . . trying to negotiate directly with the union members. If you haven't read "Flying the Line," do so. Everything these guys are doing is straight out of the playbook. Next they will be calling your wives and telling them that you're going to be fired and out of a job unless they can convince you to bend over to the company's demands. And yes, that has actually really been done before by some companies.

If confronted by a management type, the only thing you have to say is a polite and smiling "My union speaks for me." Do NOT get roped into a discussion about the contract. They are practiced experts at manipulation and will try and catch you off-balance. Don't fall for it.

The BEST time to negotiate is when the company is beat down. They're less able to afford a serious disruption and will therefor be more inclined to settle.

It's nice to see at least one ALPA group that has some cahones.

Last edited:
May I also respectfully add that RL is a pre-marinading, goat-lubricating henchman. And MW is just an a$$hole.

I know all the pilots here would love to have those scumbags stapled, but there's too many upper level GJ guys that were over here at TS and left to start GJ that would bitch and moan to their little buttbuddies in TS mangement, so that probably won't happen. We can dream though...

"we are committed to the pilots of Trans States Airlines and want to work together to ensure the long term success of our Company."

"...but is necessary to recognize your efforts over the years..."

"...who have a history of misjudging the Company’s intentions when it comes to negotiations."

Absolutely stunning that they could write this memo with a straight face. As a fellow former waterskier, I've seen how this pilot group has given so much, only to be continualy beat down by management. See this for what it is; managements desperate attempt to delay and destroy the TSA pilot group. You guys have untold support everywhere in this industry. Hold the line. It may be painful in the short term but it will be worth it in the end.

Interesting to me that many of the comments telling the TSA pilots to hold the line come from pilots that don't work there. As another non TSA pilot with nothing to lose if you take one for the team. I suggest you look at your situation and do what makes sense for you. Not what a bunch of tough guys looking in from the outside think you should do. Good luck to you in this struggle.

Latest resources

Back