TRANS EXEC AIR SERVICE Out of SMO/VNY

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

I have read a number of previous posts on this 135 operator out of SMO/VNY. Obviously they fly some nice Gulfstreams for some very wealthy stars, etc.

I don't have a Gulfstream type but I am curious about recent hiring, QOL, pay, days off, etc. I have read positives and negatives regarding this operation but I'd like to hear what people think - is this a good place to work? Seems like their aircraft are pretty busy - are the pilots worked pretty hard? Living in LA can't be cheap (understatement) - are the salaries competitive with other G-Stream 135 operators? If they were hiring, would they require a Gulfstream type and what aircraft would a newhire likely start on?

PMs will also work if people don't wish to comment in public. Love to hear more about what life is like at Trans Exec - thanks.

The biggest rumor of those guys lately is that you can't drink on the road. Other than that, I hear its not a bad place to work. There are better operators out there but there are also a lot worse. There are 15 + year guys there at Trans Exec which is rare in a charter company. They like to see gulfstream time and a gulfstream type but so does everyone who operates gulfstreams. The pay is average for a gulfstream operator for the FO's. Not sure about Captains.

Trans-Exec

That rumor isn't true or it's at least a year old. My friend there says things are very good (way better than most) and they are shopping for a G-1159 First Officer or two. Could be a great opportunity.

TransMach

That rumor isn't true or it's at least a year old. My friend there says things are very good (way better than most) and they are shopping for a G-1159 First Officer or two. Could be a great opportunity.

TransMach

The rumor I've been told is that they have the best pilots best airplanes (Gulfstreams) and real hotties in the back :)

Ace

The rumor I've been told is that they have the best pilots best airplanes (Gulfstreams) and real hotties in the back :)

Ace

I can attest... I got to meet the owner of Trans Exec while he was out in Hawaii once. He is a very nice guy. While Aloha was in bankruptcy he encouraged me at a very low point in our Airline's history. I will always remember that.

Anybody who could get hired here can count themselves very lucky.

Latest resources

Back