Trans Caribbean

:-)

Hail Calvin
Total Time
:-0
Does anyone know anything about Trans Caribbean?

Their website says that they fly, or will fly, from the Antilles (St. Maarten and Caracao) to London and some US cities. They'll use Airbus 340's for long haul, and 320's for the US routes. Other than that, I can't find much.

Can an American pilot gain employement in the Dutch Antilles?

What does it cost to live in the Dutch Antilles?

Is St. Maarten, or Caracao, family/kid friendly?

Will they require previous Airbus experience?

Thank you in advance,
:)

filejw

Total Time
Yes
High but not to bad.They are island resorts after all.
Depends on the Island most are ok.Maybe you should ask that mom who has been looking for her 18 yr old daughter for 3 months.
Most likely they will.
You welcome.

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
Trans Carribean?

Didn't they get bought by AA in the 70's?TC

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Total Time
>0;<1
AA717driver said:
Didn't they get bought by AA in the 70's?TC

Yes they did. My Dad was AA Aircraft Mx supervisor back then. Said they we're some tired old airplanes they had. Stretch and standard body DC-8's and B727's.
They(AA) parked the DC-8's shortly after the merger but kept the 727's including a combi 727-100 that they operated in pax configuration only.

PHXFLYR:cool:

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
PHX--One of my TWA classmate's dads was a TWA navigator who was forced to retire at a young age when the navigators were no longer required. He got his ratings and ended up at Trans Carib. He retired as a 727 Capt. at AA.

Ironic, maybe.TC

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Total Time
>0;<1
AA717driver said:
PHX--One of my TWA classmate's dads was a TWA navigator who was forced to retire at a young age when the navigators were no longer required. He got his ratings and ended up at Trans Carib. He retired as a 727 Capt. at AA.

Ironic, maybe.TC

Wow...that must have made for interesting dinner table conversation at last years Thanksgiving get together!! Talk about fate...

PHXFLYR:cool: