Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Photoflight

AIR rAMBO
I know allot of places have training contracts but this was different.

So I emailed a very well know freight outfit down here in DFW the other day and in thier reply email they told me a little about the company which was great but the last paragraph or so they stated that to insure that thier training investment was secure the pilot must deposit 2500$ with the company and after six months you get it back. Now does this sound like BS to me or to everyone.

P.S. they did give you the option of have 2500 bucks of your pay deferred for 6 months if you couldn't come up with 2500 in cash. I wonder if you get it back with interest?

Photoflight said:
I know allot of places have training contracts but this was different.

So I emailed a very well know freight outfit down here in DFW the other day and in thier reply email they told me a little about the company which was great but the last paragraph or so they stated that to insure that thier training investment was secure the pilot must deposit 2500$ with the company and after six months you get it back. Now does this sound like BS to me or to everyone.

P.S. they did give you the option of have 2500 bucks of your pay deferred for 6 months if you couldn't come up with 2500 in cash. I wonder if you get it back with interest?

Dont sweat it. There is simply certain levels of this business you dont want to work at. We call them bottomfeeders.

If they cant keep pilots for 6 months thats all you need to know, right?

keep looking, giving someone $2500 to hold for you is pretty damm funny I must say.

Share the name so others know who these bottomfeeders are!

;)

please share the name of this bottom feeder!

Please share the name of this company so other job seekers can avoid them, thanks.

Geez, what next?
I always thought deposit-keeping required repayment with interest, I know utilities companies (gas, electric, phone, etc.) all pay interest as a legal requirement, but maybe that's a state-specific thing.

Telesis: It figures. There are plenty of other companies out there that you can fly piston freight and build time. Why would I give anyone $2,500 of MY MONEY for them to use for six months for free????? I would let them have $2,500 if they would give me back the principle plus 25% interest. You are loaning them money so you can have a job and they don't even give you interest on deal, that sucks monkey nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

The reason the piston haulers charge $2500 is because its costs $6000 to train 135 PICs from scratch. Telesis will get you to close to $30,000 after six months. Hey, it costs to train. I can see you have never flown piston 135 solo. Right now Flexjet is taking Telesis people DIRECTLY. I know two guys that went there last week from Telesis. Telesis must be doing something right. Quit whining.

pilotx100 said:
The reason the piston haulers charge $2500 is because its costs $6000 to train 135 PICs from scratch. Telesis will get you to close to $30,000 after six months. Hey, it costs to train. I can see you have never flown piston 135 solo. Right now Flexjet is taking Telesis people DIRECTLY. I know two guys that went there last week from Telesis. Telesis must be doing something right. Quit whining.

I have flown more than a couple piston twins solo...though no 400 series experience...300 series though. And that really doesn't make it right to charge someone 2500 bucks for the opportunity if it was a contract I'd sign and honor it if the company held up thier end of the deal. I'm sure flexjet/netjets/citation shares are all taking 135 cargo pilots directly.....as they meet the requirements and needs of the company.

Edit- just realized you said 135 solo and you are correct however I haven't seen any other haulers charge. Like I said I wouldn't have minded a contract but being charged a bond upfront doesn't make me put allot of faith in the companys ability to keep pilots.

Last edited:
Its no prob at Telesis, you'll get the money back from the contract. They just went through about 50 pilots in the last year and a few left after one month for other jobs. Everyboby gets time and moves on like normal... The training cost were getting out of control.

All in all, it ain't bad there and they do try and take care of the pilots and train them properly. However it is like a lot of these small 135 operations. Not enough people. They need to hire 15 pilots like right now. Everyone is run ragged right now.

400 is just like a 300...just more roooooom! You'd like a 401 after a 310.

Now, lemme think...where did I park my C-195? Oh yes...in Antique/Classic!

Latest resources

Back