Training at Flight Safety

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EMB170Pilot

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like taking a pen/pencil and stabbing yourself in the eye while watching these OLD training videos during training?

Oh my God they are HORRIBLE!

with that being said...what old video is your favorite? I like "The Day All Hell Broke Loose"

Whiskerbizkit said:
Dont you guys have your OWN training center?

Nope. All of our Training ins contracted out to Flight Safety in STL.
Sometimes INDOC is done by the CHQ training Dept.

The Video we watch during INDOC that Us Airways put together was pretty good.
It was the CRM Video and had some pretty funny situations on it.

flight safety blows... Old school trying to be new school. The instructors are too much instructors and no real world pilots.

pilothouston123 said:
The instructors are too much instructors and no real world pilots.

Somewhat agreed. After having sat through both in-house and contracted training, I prefer the in-house variety. Real line pilots moonlighting in the sim gave me a better "this is how we do it for real" experience. A few times at Flightsafety the instructor would say something like "wouldn't this be a good time for such-and-such checklist?" My partner and I would look at each other with confused looks on our faces and the instructor would say "oh, I'm sorry, thats a procedure at another airline that trains here...". Granted, alot of those guys at Flightsafety have been there and done that, but they are too far from the real world.

What amazes me is how much BETTER FSI treats its corporate clients than its airline clients.

It's like an entirely different world!

Although I must admit that Karen (with two dots over the a) over at FSI STL was always very courteous to the poor slobs who were there for Jetstream 31 or Saab training.

EMB170Pilot said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like taking a pen/pencil and stabbing yourself in the eye while watching these OLD training videos during training?

Oh my God they are HORRIBLE!

with that being said...what old video is your favorite? I like "The Day All Hell Broke Loose"
uhhh, no.

"ooohh im so excited to be in 170 training that i just have to post something about it, ohhh goody."--emb170pilot

Go back to your saab, contract breaker

Latest resources

Back