• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Training at Air Wisconsin

canyonblue737

Total Time
?
hey all,

a buddy of mine just got hired at Air Wisconsin for a CRJ class and was wondering what everyone there recommends in regards to flashcards or study guides (computer or otherwise) people recommend for training. any Air Wisconsin specific info about training he should be aware of...

thanks all, he is out of town or would have posted himself.

CaptETWes

Total Time
8000+
I think they just got some American flying.

Been flying for US Air/AA for 9 years. We got Delta flying last week.

There's really nothing out in the public domain he can get his hands on prior to training. The training department is a tightly run ship and the amount of knowledge expected to be learned seems more than other CRJ operators. That said, they are fair and it all boils down to attitude and hard work.

flyslow24

Total Time
There are public Air Wisconsin (AWAC) flash cards on the gFlash+ application. You can download the gFlash app in the app store and then search "AWAC" and all the systems flash cards, limitations, memory items, etc. are on there. Some of the cards are incorrect but it is a 80% solution to getting warmed up for ground school and your oral.

Your friend should have received a "flow" sheet that gives you all the AWAC triggering events for running checklists and flows.

Good luck!

CaptETWes

Total Time
8000+
Last I knew those Flashcards were password protected, thus why I said it wasn't in the public domain. Is that not the case anymore?

flyslow24

Total Time
I did not think so. I just checked and it did not require a password for downloading them.