Trailer park passengers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CaptainBrazilia said:
Even the rich folks can act like trailer trash.

...Just prior to the door closing, in walked Kathy Ireland with her two kids.

Let me tell you...first of all, kids younger than 10 should NOT be allowed in first class! Second, K.I. proceeded to allow her children to rip the in-flight magazines into the tiniest of pieces and scatter them throughout first class, laughing as they did so. I guess she thought they were being cute. When a FA asked her to control her children (as they were getting on many of the paying-passenger's nerves) she was scolded quite harshly by K.I. and was told in a rather mean way to "mind her own business." After they deplaned, I was absolutely astonished at the mess she had allowed her children to make. What a nightmare!

I've noticed that celebrities can be the worst behaved travelers out there. My father is a captain at one of the majors, and he had Oprah on one of his flights. Of course she sat in first class. They think that since they're wealthy and famous, they are above the rules and they can do whatever they please regardless of other people. Anyway, halfway thru the flight, one of the flight attendants noticed Oprah started clipping her dirty stinky toenails and pieces of nails were flying everywhere in the cabin, disturbing other passengers. One would think with her money, she'd get a professional pedicure.

Back to your comment Captain Brazilia, I thought at one time, maybe a long time ago, they did have a rule that children were not allowed in first class. I may be wrong.

I'm going to have to agree 100% with Pishn@Daves.

These people are our customers.

I dont care if they come aboard dressed in paper-sacks they (or their companies) paid good money to fly with our airline and they deserve to be treated like CUSTOMERS.

If that means that the flight attendant needs to suck it up and pour them an extra cup of diet-coke then so be it. They are our CUSTOMERS.

The sooner we, as airline employees, realize that we are a part of a service industry and learn how to provide exceptional service to our customers, the sooner our airlines will begin to return to profitability.

We only have the tools that the airline provides us -- but giving them the respect that they deserve, and understanding that they paid hard-earned money to fly with us, will go a long way.

I know how much I hate it when I go to Wal-Mart and the cashier talks on the phone to her buddy, chews gum, and doesnt say "thank-you" when I leave -- I can only imagine how much it irritates our customers.

Ok, getting off my soap box.
Respectfully,
Furloughed_Again
(who will never again say the word "passenger")

Originally posted by FurloughedAgain
I'm going to have to agree 100% with Pishn@Daves.

These people are our customers.

I dont care if they come aboard dressed in paper-sacks they (or their companies) paid good money to fly with our airline and they deserve to be treated like CUSTOMERS.

If that means that the flight attendant needs to suck it up and pour them an extra cup of diet-coke then so be it. They are our CUSTOMERS

So where do we draw the line?? Sure, everybody on board is a paying customer. But that does not give them a license to act however they want, dress however they want, throw hygene out the door and take advantage of the flight attendants.

What's next? Are the flight attendants going to be required to give stinky passengers sponge baths now with the little hot towels, just because they are our "paying customers"?

I agree with you...this IS a service industry. The passengers expect certain things out of the crew such as service and professionalism, but WE should expect passengers to be clean, neat and well behaved. I think that would actually inspire some of the cabin and cockpit crews to provide even better service to the passengers

Last edited:
[QUOTE
Your story reminds me of a conversation I had with a ValuJet pilot a few years back. I asked him if he enjoyed his job and his immediate response was, "I fly scum..." Not the most respectful answer, but at least he was being honest about his feelings....

[/B][/QUOTE]

That's the funiiest thing I've read on this forum in a long time!

Tailwinds...

You guys haven't seen anything yet... Come up to the "county" here in Northern Maine. We fly 19 circus freaks on every flight. I don't imagine we fly a full set of teeth between the 19 of them on most days. Hell, in their minds deodorant is optional. I flew most of my last leg today with the oxygen mask on it stunk so bad.. Imagine being in a Beech 1900 on a 330 mile trip in that stench..

gotta disagree with you, chperplt, having been born and raised in maine, its not northern maine your flying too, its southern quebec, fly to AUG or PWM, we know how to shower, and probably have 4-5 full sets of teeth per flight! ;)

VSCHIP,

I did say the "county" now... Although, I would have to say that other than the folks that fly to AUG for business, most of those pax are pretty nasty also.

Not many hygenically challenged people out of BHB, RKD, and PWM, but some out of AUG and most certanly out of PQI..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back