Trafficking

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
garf12 said:
anyone know where you can buy this book? Looks like amazon doesnt sell it and for new and used it says. "11 used & new from $126.00" Why the heck so much?

Whoa, I think I got mine on amazon for like $10. I guess it was the last cheap paperback version.

psysicx said:
How do people even find these kinds of jobs.They always get caught eventually if they do it long enough.It doesn't seem worth the money.

Well, like the Baretta theme went "Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time"

Nu

I am sure there are lots of good Roger Nelson stories of trafficking too.

RIP

garf12 said:
anyone know where you can buy this book? Looks like amazon doesnt sell it and for new and used it says. "11 used & new from $126.00" Why the heck so much?
I was just about to post the same question! I looked on Amazon as well, and the only book to show up on eBay was priced at $99, and had the note to "make an offer"

Anyone got a cheap copy for a fellow pilot, and all around good guy?

Trafficking is kinda like the bible... I've owned a copy of it ever since 7th grade and had to have read it 10 times since. These guys were incredibly smart; during the trial they continued their drug smuggling operation using a specially converted Citation I. Neil Bird (one of the pilots from the book, and the only one never convicted) still hangs around Herlong Airport in Jacksonville occasionally. If you happen to see a green/blue marchetti with orange tip tanks... thats him. I got to know him when he used to bring his airplane in to my brothers aircraft maitenance business; dropped his name once at Friedman's down at HEG, funny to see peoples reactions. If you are into another good true smuggling story find a hardback book with a picture of a crashed DC3 in the water off of Normans Cay in the Bahamas. The title was something about 'the true story about how one man stopped the Columbian drug cartel'. It was the true story of the DEA and FBI investigation into Carlos Lehder and his drug smuggling operation using Merlin IIIs out of his own private strip on Normans Cay. Very good read... sorry I've forgotten the title. But as for speculations... anyone hear the old stories floating around DeKalb Peacthree Airport in Atlanta aobut 'Transcon Aviation'??? Just curious. Just ask some of the old airport bums- pretty interesting.

Norman's Cay is now the privately owned island Disney cruise lines stops by for a day on every cruise. I'm sure that the Disney folks did a pretty good search, but how funny would this be?...(fade to scene of small child digging for "treasure.") "Hey mommy! Look! Money! Guns! and powdered sugar!"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back