• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tradwinds Again, Questions Again, Read most posts Again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Federico aka Rico Sauve aka The Rico Tico....Que pasar amigo!!!
how is uncle Tom?...I thought u might be lost some where in Bus in Macau.
Glad to know youre still around
Adios

Looked at Tradewinds website, their Employment section has been down (under construction) for several months. Didn't realize they were really hiring. Could anyone suggest what might be the best way to get a resume in to them (other than a contact walk-in)? ie - on-line, fax, mail, etc. Anyone specific that would be best to address it to? So forth...

Does anyone know if they are hiring for the B747 or the A300 (or both)? At one time, I understood that newhires on the A300 then, all were junior based out in the S.Pacific(Tiawan, maybe) and did month-on/month-off schedules. Is that still the case? If not, then how are things handled now?

Sincere Thanks for any info

Its Ok If You Dont Have A Job, But Current Crew Scheduling Management Is Destroying Everything Plus Some New Second Officers Who Write Letters Without There Names On It Back Stabbing The Front End Crew. Hiring Into Both Depending On Attrition Of The Week. This Could Be A Great Company With A Little Change In Crew Management. Call Tradewinds In Gso And Send Them Your Resume .

Thanks Federico, I'll look up a number for them off their website and just do a fax. Was hoping to learn who(CP, Assist. CP, someone in HR) handles the incoming resumes.

Also, do you know if they are still doing the month-on/month-off schedules for those out in the Pacific?

Thanks

AV8N4Fun said:
Thanks Federico, I'll look up a number for them off their website and just do a fax. Was hoping to learn who(CP, Assist. CP, someone in HR) handles the incoming resumes.

Also, do you know if they are still doing the month-on/month-off schedules for those out in the Pacific?

Thanks

I just interviewed with them about two weeks ago. The CP and the fax# are on their website. Not sure if they are still interviewing, but you can fax you resume in and at least they will have it. Hope it helps.

When you are in the A300 in Asia you work "month on, month off." Given the lousy scheduling and planning here, and your travel time, that really means "about 35 days on, about 25 days off."

You leave the U.S. (from LAX...you have to get yourself there on your own by jumpseating or otherwise) on the 28th or the 29th of the month on China Airlines or EVA (COACH class, crammed like a sardine in the back for 13-15 hours) before your working month, and return to the U.S. ( to LAX, also COACH, and get yourself home to wherever you may live) on the 2nd or possibly the 3rd of your "off" month.

It's a job. That's about it. Don't expect changes from the company unless certain crew "schedulers" or "planners" (using the terms VERY loosely) are axed and the higher-ups (D.O. level and above) get a clue about how to treat employees.

On the positive side, assuming the company can keep their current business and find some new business, you could upgrade fairly quickly to the left seat of a widebody. If the plane isn't AOG, that is...

How do they let one know

federico said:
no class date yet since new airplane is delayed. there saying 01sept but who knows.
Well, I interviewed last week and was told that we would hear something this week for a possible class mid August. Have not heard from them yet. How have they let folks know in the past? How do they invite for class? IM not sure if I should contact them or not. Delay might be good, lots of irons in the fire ya know.

Latest resources

Back