Tradewinds 747

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capt1124

I have searched the threads but I'm looking for a little more detail about the Tradewinds 747 operation.

-Is most of the flying out of Miami to SA? Or how much to other places?

-Is the 16 days all in a row, or do they break it up? No overtime apparently. Do you go someplace in SA and sit, or do you always come back to Miami? Do you know *when* you're on or do you just wait for the phone call all the time?

-The company is CASS now and able to jumpseat on most carriers? People say it is very hard to jumpseat to Miami, as I remember from back in the day it was hard to get a jumpseat to FLL but not MIA, but that was a long time ago.

-Any other comments? Thanks.

I don't work there anymore but the flying out of Miami wasn't always down and back. They had a contract, Where it seemed the guys were like on reserve in the hotel and then the customer would decide whether they would fly or not. I believe most of the flying on the 747 side is Asia Europe out of various places stateside. BTW the schedules created were by no means a guarantee that you would be home. They consistantly keep crews on the road as long as possible...

Looks like your getting a plane dry leased from Atlas. The word is that N512MC will soon be flown by Tradwinds, maybe by the end of Feburary.

Latest resources

Back