Tradewind flight school in NC

xshuttlefa

D'oh
Total Time
Anyone ever hear of or do any training at Tradewind (aka Tradewind Aviation International) Flight School in New Bern, NC? They are offering MEL for $1600, $1400 if done over the weekend. Now, I know about "cheaper ain't always better", but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this outfit (good or bad obviously)

Thanks in advance

Snakum

How's your marmott?
Total Time
Little
I used to fly with a guy who did all his ratings there a few years ago. From what I remember, he considered it a typical Pt 61 school. Not as good as some ... better than most. I do believe they keep aircraft better maintained than most small-town Pt. 61 schools.

$1400 in one weekend is a good deal nowadays. Let us know how it goes if you do the weekend ME.

Minh

Flywrite

Total Time
I was offered the CP postion there a few years ago. The money was pretty poor so I didnt take it, but duringhte interview the owner (a Swiss gentleman) seemed genuinely concerned about having a well run, professional program.

I have no experience with their traiing whatosever, and a lot can change in 2 years, but from what I saw the place is NOT a rating mill but any means.

Good Luck!