• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tower to Tower clearance?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
because the TEC's we use do not go up into NY Center's airspace - is that we usually do not have to wait for NY Center to release us into their airspace.

TEC's all over (not just NY) don't utilize center airspace (only tracon/rapcons). That's how you avoid delays. The preferred routings for primary and satellite airports can be found in the back of the Airport Facility Directory (A/FD). That's the little green book that nobody seems to use these days...

...and then I provided the reference. Additionally, the AIM specifically states that one should include TEC in the remarks section of the flight plan.

Dang'd if I didn't get it right, after all. :)

The correct reference is AIM 4-1-18

As an attorney, I'm as much about reading the book as anyone. But here's some experience-based info: All of my Socal TEC experience has been without a flight plan and some has been in a jet. Moreover, the SoCal TEC routes are available online. While most of the time the controllers will issue the entire TEC word for word, sometimes they'll just give its letter/number identifier. Santa Barbara has done this to me a couple of times. Enjoy.

Tec

Actually the biggest advantage of a tower enroute clearance is your workload in the air is reduced. You never talk to center so this equals less frequency changes. You generally go from Dep to Appr.

Latest resources

Back