Total Investment Management.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skybus

Thoughts and experience on this company for those that have used their services. Thanks in advance.

They are very careful to ensure you can never graph their actual returns against any type of benchmark. Their promotional material has artist-drawn skyrocketing charts, though.

Enough said.

Investing newsletters do not have to follow any of the SEC rules, since the authors aren't handling client money.

The amount of latitude this gives them should give you pause when examining claims. Your average retail stockbroker making cold calls has to toe the line to a far greater extent than any newsletter author.

If they really did have the secret formula for consistently beating the market, one would think that would lead to a phenomenally successful hedge fund where they could turn a small initial investment into hundreds of millions of dollars. Instead, they sell a subscription to a newsletter. Things that make you go "hmm."

Put your money in an index fund with low expenses and don't stress about it.

Last edited:
Thoughts and experience on this company for those that have used their services. Thanks in advance.

Been with em since around 2003. They had me 100% cash when the market tanked in 2007. That saved me enough to continue sending them 425/year for a long time.

Been with em since around 2003. They had me 100% cash when the market tanked in 2007. That saved me enough to continue sending them 425/year for a long time.

Suze Orman told millions the same advice for free a few weeks before the crash, saved me a ton too for 0/year. Don't let one good call suck you in for a lifetime.

Suze Orman told millions the same advice for free a few weeks before the crash, saved me a ton too for 0/year. Don't let one good call suck you in for a lifetime.

eyuuup, and have heard multitudes of people saying the same thing the last 3 years-sell and go to cash. If i listened, would have cost me over a Mil.

Out of curiousity, did they call the bottom? When did their newsletter advise going back into equities?

Out of curiousity, did they call the bottom? When did their newsletter advise going back into equities?

Simple analysis that those that swear their managers saved the day seem to never have. $425/year plus fund fees. I'll stick with Vanguard.

Maybe so. But I don't read Suze Orman. The question for me is, are they better than me managing my own money? I dabbled on my own right before the tech bubble burst. It was fun until I got back from a month on vacation and checked my balance. Lesson learned.

Latest resources

Back