Total furloughed pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

72Longhorn

With all the furloughed pilots out on the street, people are talking about 10,000+ pilots out on the streets rights now. That number seems a bit high, cause although there are furloughed pilots from the majors, a good portion of 'em have got other jobs with corporate and 135 operators.

I was just curious as to how many pilots each airline out there has their guys out on the street.

American Airlines
Delta Airlines
Northwest Airlines
United Airlines
US Airways
Emery Worldwide Express
Airborne Express
DHL
Kitty Hawk
Continental Express
American Eagle
Etc, Etc........

If your airline has furloughed guys, would you please chime in so that we can get a rough number of guys on the street.

I was furloughed from Express One International and they furloughed all 300 crewmembers.

Express One = 300 pilots

American Eagle has somewhere around 250 pilots on the street I think. In the near future that number may go down to 200-230. This is just a guess but a pretty good guess.

US Airways

US Airways:
Currently: 1070 Furloughees
Scheduled:
November: 250 Furloughs
Jan-Mar: 250 Furloughs

Total: 1570 Furloughs at US Airways alone not counting any of the wholly-owned subsidiaries.

Midway at 400+(I don't remember the exact number) - that is of course until they go out of business for the last time.

CL

CALEX: 393 pilots on furlough. 90 were recently awarded positions on the latest bid. They will be trained NLT Sept '03. A new bid will be out NLT March '03.

CAL: 440 pilots on furlough. At least 200 of those exercised their right to Flow Back to CALEX.

Last edited:
Piedmont, around 20. Some were called back, but many left for ACA or other regionals.

Allegheny has around 40 I think.

Good luck to all.

Miami Air still has 20 or so on furlough... out of approx. 100 total.

Latest resources

Back