Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rice

Clown Puncher
Looks like I'm headed down to Tortola in a few weeks. Never been before. Anyone have hotel suggestions?

Thanks!

Rice,

I was there back in Jan. Can't remember the name of the place we stayed. But make sure you call ahead and inquire about which credit card(s) they will take. There really isn't an FBO. The fueling is handled by the fuel company (I think it is Shell) and they would only take cash or the fuel card (i.o.w., no MasterCard, no American Express, etc.)

If I remember the name of the hotel, I will post it.

Have fun!

Ultraman

P.S. Plan on arriving during daylight hours. The tower guys get a little testy about the NDB approach at night. They asked if we had shot the NDB approach at night into Tortola. We responded that we had not. Then they said that if we had not shot the approach before at night, then we should not be shooting the approach at night. ???? Isn't there a first time for everything?

rice said:
Looks like I'm headed down to Tortola in a few weeks. Never been before. Anyone have hotel suggestions?

Thanks!

MAN!!! Some peeps get to see all the hot spots!!! You best practice your "spot" landings during your recurrent! :smash:

Gumby said:
MAN!!! Some peeps get to see all the hot spots!!! You best practice your "spot" landings during your recurrent! :smash:

No worries there. Just like the back of the boat. Besides I've never been known for floating on a smooth one. Will you be sitting side saddle next week???:p

rice said:
No worries there. Just like the back of the boat. Besides I've never been known for floating on a smooth one. Will you be sitting side saddle next week???:p

Oh Back of the Boat Eh? Sorry about that Mav! I'll be doing some other things!:rolleyes:

I used to go there when I was flying for American Eagle... I assume you are talking about Beef Island?? I think that they have extended the runway now... i can't remember the name of the hotel, but there was a neat bar/restaurant called fat hogs or something like that... It was alot of fun... I also think that there is a really nice resort on the NW side of the island... I always saw it going in, but never got to stay there...

i was there with a female friend a long time ago- but we slept in a tent on the beach :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back