Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jet_Driver

"There I was...."
So, here's a new thread about NWA. There was a lot of buzz until this week. My sponser got the recommendation form and sent it in. He thought things would get going real quick, but I haven't heard anyone else on here talk about getting a call or anything further. Does anyone have the inside scoop on what's going on these days?

Same boat as well. My sponser sent in the email today as well. It seems that they will be going through the next series of sorts/calls soon. From what I have heard, the Company wants to get back-side of the clock training going 24/7 in order to get things ramped up quickly. However they need to ask/pay for it with contractual incentives.

If I hear anything more, I will pass along...hopefully others will follow suit. The first new hires start in 2 weeks...some may be getting assigned to the small Buses.

I heard something along the lines of a new person taking over hiring/interviews, and that when they showed up, they were surprised that interviews had actually started. That being said, perhaps they are playing catch up, and will start up again. I do have a friend who has interviewed, and been hired.

I heard something along the lines of a new person taking over hiring/interviews, and that when they showed up, they were surprised that interviews had actually started. That being said, perhaps they are playing catch up, and will start up again. I do have a friend who has interviewed, and been hired.

Gouge please?

recieved the app invite and completed today. whats been the timeline for sponsor email rec and phone interviews?

Internal hires started this week. New hires start next week. Class sizes will be around 24-30 the first few months and going to 40 a month thru 2008. 24 or so a month to the -9 and the rest to the -320. Some reduction of -9 hulls, down to 80-85 from the upper 90's sitting around. But with a higher utilization of remaining a/c should see little if any reduction in total flying time next year on the -9. Just had another large monthly award for Jan 08. Dozens to both seats of the -320 and 757 and good numbers to the -330 both seats and 744 F/O. Alot of -9 CA awards also. First 787 awards in a couple months with August '08 revenue flights starting.

Is there any chance, before below freezes over, that a new hire could get 757 MSP? I would take anything up north, 757 would be a preference.

Slim chance for the 757 F/O as a new hire. I would say good chance of a -320 F/O. Recent awards had pretty junior folks gettting 757 slots. Down to the 47xx and 48xx seniority in DTW/MSP for reserve. Blocks were 43xx and 40xx. Junior bidding number for Oct was close to 5300. Guess it would be a couple years to get a 757 with the hiring and movement coming.

2 Questions:

1. When you go to Update your submittal is the option still there to let you? Mine will not let me update.

2. If you were to get the -9 is it hard to hold MEM within 6-12 months?

Thanks.

Latest resources

Back