• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Too quiet with NWA these days.?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is there any chance, before below freezes over, that a new hire could get 757 MSP? I would take anything up north, 757 would be a preference.

Heyas EV,

Back in the late 90's, people were getting hired into the 757, right seat of the 727, and the back seat of the 747.

While that was happening with overall lower hiring numbers (rarely more than 20-25/mo), back then there was much less disparity in the QoL in the fleets, so people would stick around on the -9 (and 727), which allowed more junior people to move up.

Now people are going for the max cash and best QoL they can get, and bidding up as fast as they can. The only blip in that is DC-9 Captain, which is going junior because the widebody FO position pays almost as much and has a QoL that so much better it's hard to believe it's the same airline.

If you DO get to bid the 757, it will be reserve only, and with the 4 year freezes, plan on being parked there for a long, long time.

Nu

Finished the phone prescreen/interview today, the HR lady was very nice. Scheduled for the actual interview in two weeks. I had one internal recc.
Good luck to all.

Is it humanly possible to get a shot without an internal rec? I got the application package today and am sending it off probably tonight as soon as I finish it. I don't know anybody there, so I probably have no chance......I'm going to try it and hope for the best though.

Do I have a realistic chance?

Is it humanly possible to get a shot without an internal rec? I got the application package today and am sending it off probably tonight as soon as I finish it. I don't know anybody there, so I probably have no chance......I'm going to try it and hope for the best though.

Do I have a realistic chance?

They called me. I have no recs. I'd say just be patient.

I was told the internal rec doesn't move you up the list at all in terms of when you get called. Anyone heard if thats the case or not?

Got a call today from the same nice HR lady for prescreening and set up an interview....I had no internal recs....Amazing!

Looking forward to the opportunity to interview and hopefully get the OK.

Hi!

I heard the internal rec moves you up to the top of the pile of applicants who have the same raw score as yours. If they have a higher raw score, they're ahead of you.

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back