Tom Cruise Aerobatics in Clouds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
volunteer and UGAflyer-

As long as we're on the topic of FARs....

Did you take those pictures? Inside the stadium TFRs? :eek:

Check 6:

The now retired CO of the old Fighter Weapons School at Mirarmar will tell you that Tom Cruise was a total jerk during the filming of Top Gun. I doubt that much has changed.

I don't find your comment comes as any great surprise to me. People often see different sides of a person depending upon the nature of their interaction. Other than having met the guy on the ramp once, I don't know him at all. Seemed nice enough. But then so did Newt Gingrich and Al Gore! Not so with Babs Striesand or any number of other jerk celebs. Having flown a few dozen celeb charter clients, I don't much care either. It just doesn't matter. (unless they tip!) Most behave well. Only a few have not. Cruise may well have been a jerk to this Commander and a nice guy to his pilots. Better than the other way around. (from their point of view)

What are his corporate guys going to say? That he is a jerk? While still emplloyed by him?

Just as a point of interest, none of the three guys I was referring to still worked for him when I last spoke to them. They have all moved on, at least partially to get out from under the thumb of his "chief pilot" and partially for career advancement. They claimed that Tom treated them very respectfully. I suppose they could still be afraid that he will reach out and touch them through the long arm of the church of scientology if they say anything unkind though! Most corporate pilots I know express their dislike for former employers with dead silence on the subject. Not false praise. The less said, the worse they were. Of course I would view the opinion of a currently employed crew member with the very same cynicism you do. I wasn't born yesterday either! Message received.

Best,

Last edited:
EagleRJ said:
volunteer and UGAflyer-

As long as we're on the topic of FARs....

Did you take those pictures? Inside the stadium TFRs? :eek:

I most certainly did not take that picture. As you can see in the picture, Tennessee is about to play football. So, my rear is in section M, row 52, seat 8 (in the lower deck below the "power T" that you see on the back of the Jumbotron), just as it is everytime TN plays.

In defense of Tom (like he really needs it), when he made Top Gun he wasn't that old, I'm sure there is a lot of pressure involved in the movie making business.

Stifler's Mom said:
Ha Ha. I wonder if he has a pair of black Nikes and a purple blanket?

That was an extremely tasteless remark.

Good job.

C

charter dog said:
Let's just say that he knows how to do a go-around

"...Well, that just about covers the fly-by"

Counselair:D

Latest resources

Back