• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Today's USA Today (July 22), Page 5b

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any flight under number 700 on USAirways is operated by the old AWA side and there are no safety issues to worry about beyond everyday small things. Riddle me this, we have the same mx people and procedures and facilities monitored by the FAA, but the 700 and over flights numbers are said to be unsafe per USAPA? It is a sad day when a union paints themselves in a corner and uses safety as a weapon. I truly wish this places goes out of business and the curse of USAirways goes away and the industry grows and prospers, USAPA's death wish they are trying to make happen.

Mark

P.S.- charlie2, lots of west bashing in your post, is LOA93 for life getting long in the tooth? You want to delay, so this is your dream come true,enjoy!

I'm just sick of you guys trying to sound like you're so much better at negotiating with management. Your current contract isn't real good evidence of that and yes I think our ALPA reps really screwed us with LOA 93.

I'm just sick of you guys trying to sound like you're so much better at negotiating with management. Your current contract isn't real good evidence of that and yes I think our ALPA reps really screwed us with LOA 93.

You do realize that your "ALPA" reps are in fact the VERY SAME PEOPLE who are now your "USAPA" reps right?

The boogey man is staring you in the face in CLT...not Herndon. He always has but you guys are to effed in the head to see it.

Legal to dispatch or not, the minute any Captain loses the right to refuse an aircraft within reason, its time to get out of the business...

About time someone said it. The MEL does not cover all contingencies. Just because it is legal does not mean it is safe.

About time someone said it. The MEL does not cover all contingencies. Just because it is legal does not mean it is safe.
Of course, however in this case the hysterical captain was dumb enough to be "on board" with USAPA. I hope they fire her. She clearly has no judgment ability.

I still have seen no evidence of a "hysterical rant on the PA."

I have heard the rumors - whispered by the company to a few (perhaps not a few) pilots.

A manager once accused me of making inappropriate PAs during a management induced fiasco so I know this play is in their book.

Considering everything slightly newsworthy (see pants down guy) seems to end up on youtube I am suspicious that a "hysterical female airline captain" making multiple inflammatory PAs was not captured on some passenger's iphone.

Though USAPA has played the "safety" card too many times, which they are going to regret should an actual issue ever arise, the jury is still very much out on this one.

Last edited:
I think the tide is starting to change at USAIR. Easties are starting to see that the same 10% of the village retards that got them into this mess are not going to be the same 10% that are going to get them out. The more they beat their toy chests the more their members are losing. Sooner or later we will arrive at the tipping point and I am betting its gonna be sooner.

You do realize that your "ALPA" reps are in fact the VERY SAME PEOPLE who are now your "USAPA" reps right?

The boogey man is staring you in the face in CLT...not Herndon. He always has but you guys are to effed in the head to see it.

When you say "people" you mean like the Germans are a "people" right? We have some new blood in our reps and NAC and the commities. But your point is right that the union is only as good as your elected pilot reps. What we lose is help from ALPA national but we really don't think we got help from them anyway. I find it humerous on this forum that ALPA supporters are quick to point out that it is our local MEC to blame when things are bad but when things are good it is ALPA that is responsible. Some of you have quickly claimed it was ALPA that got us a pretty good contract 11 years ago but it was our "boogey men" local reps that got us LOA93. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited:
USAIR East pilots painted themselves into this corner thru ALPA and USAPA, nobody else!!! You are only as good as your leadership and it is sad and funny to watch them blame everyone but themselves for their path. AWA was no dream if you think we had big image of ourselves, just like I thought the US ARMY was not the top of the military food chain while serving, but we made the best of what we could get with a majority going along. USAPA leadership is run by almost 90% ex-ALPA FPL w************************* and are leading the lemmings(That's you) off the cliff. Wake up and get some real leadership and legal counsel before it is too late. West pilots are just on the side lines as Parker and Co. battle USAPA over this fake safety drive.

Mark

I think the tide is starting to change at USAIR. Easties are starting to see that the same 10% of the village retards that got them into this mess are not going to be the same 10% that are going to get them out. The more they beat their toy chests the more their members are losing. Sooner or later we will arrive at the tipping point and I am betting its gonna be sooner.

"Sooner" has long passed. It's "later" now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back