• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Today. Seven Years After 9-11-2001

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The flight from BOS was supposed to be one of the legs on my commute home. By luck, the plane I was flying from JFK was broken, and delayed me enough to miss my IAD to BOS flight, thus missing the doomed flight.
Then when airspace was open again, I flew to JFK and got a good / bad view of the WTC crater still burning. First time in my life the NYC controllers were talking slow.
I don't know what to say, I'm just thankful that I'm still here.

You've got to be kidding me. Did we not land on the moon, either? I couldn't even get 10 minutes into that.

And for the record, I could see (and smell) the smoke from the roof of my house on September 11th. I'd rather not see or experience something like that again.

It doesnt seem possible that it was 7 years ago. In some ways it feels like it was 700 years ago and in others it seems like it was 7 secs ago. I still remember how eriely quite it was that night with absolutely no air traffic in Florida.

We are slowly, inexorably returning to our pre 9/11 ways. The 'invisible hand' has a very short memory; our procedures are definately slipping back to a model that supports profit over security.

I believe that it's up to us as pilots to prevent anything negative from happening from block out to block in. Our jobs and our lives depend on this.

We are slowly, inexorably returning to our pre 9/11 ways. The 'invisible hand' has a very short memory; our procedures are definately slipping back to a model that supports profit over security.

I believe that it's up to us as pilots to prevent anything negative from happening from block out to block in. Our jobs and our lives depend on this.

Even though I wasn't around the 121 game pre 9-11 I was just thinking about this the other day, and it was brought up in recurrent a few months ago. Its kinda stupid how many guys want to open the door in flight to get something they forgot in their overnight bag such as ipod, book, etc. When I first started 121 flying 6 years ago no one ever even thought about doing that stuff.

Latest resources

Back