• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To those pilots who own a house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If your current airline can't cut it go overseas. They offer a commuting contract, hell you can get 9000.00 a month to fly a Dash 8 in Japan. I bought a house a couple years ago, single without a family and my then airline it was manageable but no money was available for savings down the road, which now it is. I know some people are in a bad way, with circumstances out of their control but the people who bought on variable and not fixed mortgages garner no sympathy. I did it the traditional way, fix mortgage and put as much down as I possibly could. One thing lacking in the US today is accountability. Do I enjoy working in another country, sometimes its hard but I'm not taking a handout. The contract is not bad, I worked out a 2 month on 1 month off schedule. So I get a full month to enjoy my house without having to think about work. I know people who bought with a variable rate mortgage and I always asked, if it can go low, it sure as hell can go high, what will you do? The response, oh, I'll sell it by then for a proffit. Nothing in life is ever easy and sometimes you have to tighten the belt and lace up the boots. And if it seems to good to be true, your payment just went from 900/mo to 2200/mo.

Fantastic you served in the military you still hate fellow americans who aren't exactly like you. Get used to change bud this country is evolving. This is the future don't like go to Alaska with your fav female gov. Oh wait she couldn't handle change. This country has come a long way in the last year we are no longer the laughing stock of the WORLD! Keep kicking and screaming your kids will replace your generation with clearer minds. Sad that it takes old age for folks like you to learn compassion. Or you just get angrier and the HNC will diagnose you with paranoid dimensa and the death panel will take you out "behind the barn". Lol sarcasm is so funny. Best of luck hater.

Fantastic you served in the military you still hate fellow americans who aren't exactly like you. Get used to change bud this country is evolving. This is the future don't like go to Alaska with your fav female gov. Oh wait she couldn't handle change. This country has come a long way in the last year we are no longer the laughing stock of the WORLD! Keep kicking and screaming your kids will replace your generation with clearer minds. Sad that it takes old age for folks like you to learn compassion. Or you just get angrier and the HNC will diagnose you with paranoid dimensa and the death panel will take you out "behind the barn". Lol sarcasm is so funny. Best of luck hater.

What's funny is your lack of education. Aren't you embarrassed? You can't even form a sentence(I'd even settle for a grammatically incorrect sentence). You want to be taken seriously, yet you have the writing skills of a 3rd grader. Now that's funny!

My life could not be any better, but since you have no clue about the topic you decide to insult instead. Simply amazing!

To quote Thomas Jefferson: "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock."

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

"Never spend your money before you have earned it."

"One man with courage is a majority."

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."

"Speeches that are measured by the hour will die with the hour."

An finally..."The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

Last edited:
You're right I never finished high school but here I am flying a plane for a living. Who'd a thunk it. Next time I'll be more careful typing on my phone.
Jefferson lived in the 1700's this is 2009... last I checked. He had no clue what this great country would develop into. He did help write the constitution to be fluid and dynamic, able to change with the current times. Catch up my friend, it's full of possibilities with the current abilities of this great country. Our country is being left in the dust by every other country. We need to catch up.

You're right I never finished high school but here I am flying a plane for a living. Who'd a thunk it. Next time I'll be more careful typing on my phone.
Jefferson lived in the 1700's this is 2009... last I checked. He had no clue what this great country would develop into. He did help write the constitution to be fluid and dynamic, able to change with the current times. Catch up my friend, it's full of possibilities with the current abilities of this great country. Our country is being left in the dust by every other country. We need to catch up.

Typical defeatist response. Our forefathers had amazing insight when writing the Constitution. I don't care what year it is, their ideas and values still apply today. Isn't that the basis for the foundation of our country? Didn't think you were smart enough to understand. Could you show me one quote that doesn't apply today? I'm interested in you rationale.

BTW, flying an aircraft has nothing to do with your education level, dummies can still fly.:laugh: However, quality employers can see through the facade. I guess that's why the Military and better majors require a college degree.

Last edited:
Never said I didn't have a BS and a Masters, nice assumption though. It's not a defeatist response, reread it. This country is evolving, the govt will as well. If it doesn't it will fail. Catch up with the present world or you will surely be left behind.
BTW you don't need a college degree to get a flight slot in the Air Force. Nice try. I have a few friends that got into the Air Force, got a flight slot and then went to college (full time) while still active duty. One retired as a Lt Col.

Last edited:
Wow, some of you have absolutely no compassion. You don't want a welfare state you say? No redistribution of wealth?

Then why did you go to a state/socialized college/university? (Anybody go to UND?)
Why do you send your kids to publics/socialized schools?
Why do your parents used Medicare for their insurance?
Why do you file for unemployment insurance when you get furloughed?
How many times have we had threads "how to get a free type ratings" after furlough paid by various government job training programs?
House on fire? Why should MY taxes pay to save YOUR house?
Your bank went under? Why should the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp (FDIC) pay for YOUR bad decision to use that bank?

I could go on for a long time. Bottom line is you ALL like your own pet social programs.

Your right, I have no compassion. And I'll answer your questions:
1) No
2) No
3) No
4) Never collected unemployment...worked TWO jobs when I was broke (some of it VERY SUCKY work).
5) Never collected any free type's. My MBA was in part paid for by tuition assistance....after earning that perk.
6) My fire company is voluntary - as are the donations that pay for the firetrucks, the fire station etc
7) My bank has not - and will never - go under (big words I know). They don't play the junk loan game. They will not approve risky mortgages - PERIOD. 10% minimum down and 20% preferred for a mortgage. Why - sound financial standards. They also have many fewer customers than most banks but continue to make a solid profit every quarter. Responsibility...what a strange phenomenon.

For those of you that have lost your job - my most sincere sympathy. No one wishes you or your family the hardships that accompany the situation. My best to you and your family. To those of you that live outside of their means, I have zero compassion or sympathy for you and your plasma screen TV's. But hey, continue to blame it on evil corporations...who are made up of hard working day to day people like me.

Try doing it through your bank first. And don't stop at the first goober that says no. Go all the way to the "loan mod director" for that bank. I have clients that got a loan mod through their bank and it took a lot of persistence and a few months.

HERE IS A WARNING! If the gov't helps you with your loan mod, you may owe them the difference when you sell your house. Make sure you have all those answers before you sign any paperwork. AND ONLY USE A GOV'T PROGRAM IF IT'S THE LAST RESOURCE!

Your avatar says it all....

Latest resources

Back