TO sedona

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Intruder One

Life is not fair...................truer words were never spoken especially in aviation.Post afer post you see guys with time and experience working at majors that blows your mind.Contrary to the post above a 2000 hr. wonder is not a professonial anything,he or she is still in the learning process.We've all been there,I was going through Americans process in the late 80's did I get hired........no but some 900 hr. military wonders did.After almost 20yrs. in this business I have figured out that time and experience mean nothing to HR people and believe me they do the hiring I don't care how many pilot boards you sit in front of.Several of us interviewed at JB,who got a job.the only one that had a DUI on his record.He later said he thought the HR girl liked him.The way this industry interviews and hires its a wonder they ever get anyone worth a crap.I have alot more stories but they would just piss you off so..........just take it all with a grain of salt,it is just the way it is,you could change careers,but I'm sure unfair hiring practice is not just in aviation, it just seems that way.

1. You're wearing out that B.S. DUI story.
2. You started a new thread when answering someone on another thread, which makes it really hard to figure out what the heck you're talking about.
3. I'm sorry that the Airlines you interviewed with didn't hire you. I just can't imagine what they were thinking.
4. You're warning to Jetblue stockholders seems to be falling on deaf ears.

Unfair hiring practices

I was in the same hiring era as Intruder and had similar experiences. I agree with what he wrote. Let's add the 300-hour wonders hired by United, P-F-T, and age discrimination as further examples.

He is correct that other industries besides aviation engage in unfair and/or unfathomable hiring practices.

But when I opened the thread I thought it would be about Sedona, Arizona. :confused:

I was expecting to see something about Sedona, AZ as well but after reading the post, I think there must be someone on this board by that name or a similar one.

I need to go down to the SW to escape this weather... !

Sorry guys I hit post new thread instead of post reply by mistake this was suppose to go under 2000 hr.UAL pilot out on street.I.m sorry the DUI story is getting old it was just another example I was using to empathize this story,but things like that do piss people off.

Latest resources

Back