To Log or Not to Log

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ditched it

Thanks for all the input. After reading the replies, and spending the better part of last night reviewing the regs, I decided to turn down the job. I simply can't log any of that time. I must admt - it was a source of interesting conversation around the flight school though. Thanks again,
RR

350DRIVER said:

Even though all of the first officers at my company have received the required ground training, flight training, as well as the 135 SIC check ride with that "magic" sheet of paper that allows us to legally fly the 135 legs the FAA has said on numerous occasions that none of our "SIC's" can log any SIC time due to the fact that our ops specs does NOT require a SIC however it is a company policy as well as our insurance policy to always have a 135 qualified SIC in the right seat at all times(doesn't help you build time up very quickly

Having gone through the process... getting approved for 135 is a pain in the neck, however once a company has a certificate, making changes to the ops specs is relativly easy. It's a no-cost item... you guys ever ask your CP to initiate a change to allow your co-pilots to log the time? Are you paying these folks? Probably would help with retention if they can log the time.....

Have you discussed with the possible employer, how long it would take to be qualified as captain. I know some of those 135 King Air outfits have some type of plan to qualify people as captain over a period of time. If it is 1-2 years to PIC, I would definitely consider going there. Also think about whether they will pay for your type rating. Just my thoughts.

Latest resources

Back