• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To Intern or to Not....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have done a great internship that should provide me a job once i meet minimums so I would definently say it is worth it. Now, where you intern depends on your goals. I worked at a regional airline and got paid, not much, but enough to cover my expenses. I would say, if you dont go to a school like riddle, purdue or auburn, go ahead and take what you can get. Its pretty darn tough to get an internship when you dont go to an aviation college.

Being that the majors will more than likely never hire again, I'd intern somewhere you might get hired at in the next few years. All you'll learn at a major is how to outsource and pay pilots less.

I have the opportunity to intern at a regional, however I am unsure whether it is worth missing the time instructing and flying part 91 corporate (read Bonanza). I dunno, any insights into either the pros or cons would be much appreciated. I am on the fence right now. Oh, and the internship is two days a week and it is unpaid.

Interned at UPS. Prolly one of the few majors left people aspire for. (majors....cargo....its all the same right?) I think FDX has one too. Any internship will be good experience but it helps if it is a place you can eventually go back to. UPS was also a 1-year well paid position. Look around...go stuff to be had.
Also heard Coca-Cola is doing one.... Look on other schools webpages if you have to.

Latest resources

Back