Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airgator

FUBIJAR
Today is one of the greatest days of my life. I just got back from my first interview and was told by the 709 AS (Dover C-5) that they are going to sponsor me for UPT. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this site for all the advice and info that has been given to me. I got to go in the sim and cannot wait to fly the real thing. Any ques. regarding process, interview, etc. feel free to ask as this would not have been possible without the help of everyone on this board. Thank you again.

Matt

Way to go, geez I hope that will be me in a few years!

With all the talk of furloughs and stuff this is a welcome relief.

That has got to be a tough preflight, isn't it bigger than the 747?

Congrats man! It's quite a feeling when you get the call isn't it!! Do you find your OCS date in september? My board sits Sept 24th and I get my class date then...pm me if you're in the same boat, would be nice to know someone going in!

Yeah Matt, I remember what that day felt like. It's very special feeling. The C141 unit that's sponsoring me will convert to C5s in '05.

Wish I was joining you two at the board, but it looks instead of granting a simple refraction waiver, the AF is going to make me do the entire physical over again. That will take longer than there is time left to submit a package for the next board. Hopefully March will be the charm.

Andrew

That sucks to have to wait till March, but I might have to wait too. Do you guys know if a sponsored package like ours can go to the board without an FC1? I thought I read somewhere that it has to be signed and sealed to start OTS but not to go to the board? Mine is sitting on someone's desk waiting to be signed, God knows where. Anyway, we're in, so thats enough for me, I'd just like it to be sooner than later.

An interesting fact...Dover is currently 2 AD C-5 units and 2 reserve. The plan is in 5 years to be 1 AD + 1 RES C-5 unit, and 1 AD + 1 RES C-17 unit. In 10 years, all 4 C-17 units. This was told to me by the chief pilot and others, but who knows what the future holds 10 years from now.

Airgator--
Congratulations on your new life-to-be. You will love UPT--and get ready for the next greatest day of your life--the day you receive your wings from the Air Force.

Stay focused.

Eagleflip

airgator said:
Do you guys know if a sponsored package like ours can go to the board without an FC1? I thought I read somewhere that it has to be signed and sealed to start OTS but not to go to the board?

If that's the case I wouldn't be sweating bricks right now! My unit is working on it and depending on how they feel, I may visit my local senators' offices before the week is up.

:mad:
The Whole Gory Screwed Up Physical Saga

Andrew

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!

Good luck to you.

I've heard some interesting stories when it comes to physicals.....my recommendation, just keep on them....baby-sit that thing.....

Latest resources

Back