To CHQ furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Brother Francis

There are efforts underway as I type to bring you all back. We look after our own here, and you guys are CHQ.

This is nothing more than a tactical move on the part of the company in an attempt to apply pressure. This is both bad and good. Bad that you are direct casualties, but good in that the company finds it necessary to implement such harsh tactics. If their position were stronger, they would not have found this move necessary.

The overstaffing assertion is belied by the the calls from scheduling asking for overtime. Why do they need pilots to work OT if we are overstaffed? Very few are accepting overtime. A matter of personal choice.

There is speculation that at some point you will be approached with a choice of staying furloughed at CHQ or starting immediately with Republic. We are not certain this will occur, but would not be surprised by it. I would hope that should it come to pass, you all will see this maneuver for what it is as well as be aware of the effects should it succeed.

The Republic pilots would at some point in the NEAR future be the target of management hardball just as the CHQ pilots are now; but with the added disadvantage of having set their own precedent: slave labor.

And pariahs.

We are standing up for ourselves and this includes you. We are responsible to each other. Keep the faith and stand firm.

Last edited:
I'll second that. Get your CFI job back or any job that will pay the bills and we'll have you on line soon. Remember the FO pay scale is one of the reasons we are in this fight. Good Luck

What does history have to show for the guys who were waiting on a class date when the CHQ hammer dropped. Does one drop from sight or are thing returned to status quo ante??

NewHires

Just wondering if there are any plans for some reps to come talk to the new hires soon. We are all trying to keep spirits up but would sure like to hear IBTs take on this after getting it directly from management.

Well we were hiring around 30 a month so none of these people would have even been here a 6 months yet.

Just keep the faith you all will be back soon.

I just finished training here in STL and I am hoping to complete IOE before July 31st. I talked to Gary Santos today and he said that they would like us to get our IOE done ASAP. I look forward to flying the line with you all when get back from furlough.

Gary Santos.......Havent heard that name in a long time!

How is Gary these days?? He used to be my boss at UFS. What is his postion at CHQ?

Good Luck Guys!!

Latest resources

Back