• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To all you Peeved Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why is it that 9-11 comes in almost all conversations and then someone always states that they had a friend who died.

In the meanwhile keep your head up and stay positive.

PCL_128 said:
News Flash*** Members of the negotiating committee are not elected, they are chosen by the MEC.

And how are the members of the MEC chosen...I understand your point and I'm sorry for not choosing my words better, but I'm sick of pilot groups in general blaming everyting on the union. The fact of the matter is that, in the end...it always comes back to the pilot group. When you elect people to the MEC, you know what and who you are electing...it stands to reason that when the negotiating process comes up...you are electing who you want to delegate the power. That was my point.

tgz2 said:
And how are the members of the MEC chosen...I understand your point and I'm sorry for not choosing my words better, but I'm sick of pilot groups in general blaming everyting on the union. The fact of the matter is that, in the end...it always comes back to the pilot group. When you elect people to the MEC, you know what and who you are electing...it stands to reason that when the negotiating process comes up...you are electing who you want to delegate the power. That was my point.

Ahh, in that case, I couldn't agree with you more. It's a shame that more people don't realize that.

Jet_Driver said:
the chicks dig it

My biggest peev is guys who say this!!!!

Jet_Driver said:
I dare you to go and see how people in Haiti live and see if you have anything on their situation.

I spent a year down in Haiti. In some ways it was one of the most beautiful places that I have ever been. The people there have nothing, but what little they have, they give it all. Un-employment down there is around the 75% level, education is almost non-existant, and living to see the end of the day is a big accomplishment. I have been stuck in barricades, felt the sting of tear gas more than once, drank some of the best beer ever for 68 cents Canadian, watched our company airplane get hi-jacked by the police and flown at 10 feet over the water.

Would I trade it for anything, nope. Would I go back if someone offered another contract, probably. Do I think I'm a better person for it? I'm still undecided about that. After a while the poverty and destitude doesn't register on your conscious thought. That's the way it has always been, and that's the way that it will continue to be. The country was built on bloodshed, and will continue to thrive on bloodshed.

Sorry to derail the thread, but it looks like it was already heading in that direction at full speed.

--Bongo

Latest resources

Back